2022 Supra Debadging Question

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
So y’all don’t think they could’ve messed anything up? Or can the bumper be damaged pulling the pins out? Also how can i find out if there were washers?
I posted this a long while back… It has pics of the areas under front and rear badges, and a description of how I removed them. No need to remove the bumper. The self-locking washers are unnecessary because OEM badges have adhesive tape.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/new-badge.9484/post-143966

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did any of your pins break when removing and did your oem badge have washers or just pins?
Dude, you're stressing too much about this.
It's 2 pins for sure. If they're broken inside the bumper, they'd just have to pull n remove them with tweezer or whatever..
In no way bumper removal is needed.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Dude, you're stressing too much about this.
It's 2 pins for sure. If they're broken inside the bumper, they'd just have to pull n remove them with tweezer or whatever..
In no way bumper removal is needed.
I was just asking if yours had washers and if your pins broke when you removed it i was just curious

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah, I did break one of mine frankly because badge had massive cracks already and I wasn't tryna save it. Was trying to replace it. Heated it up, went under it with brute force. Broke 1 pin.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Did any of your pins break when removing and did your oem badge have washers or just pins?
One of the pins broke and I heard it fall inside the bumper. No idea if it fell out at some point or it is still there. I didn’t worry about it because I installed custom badges without pins.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I just have a quick question about debadging a Supra! I got my entire front PPF wrapped by a really good company and they had to remove the front badge and got a new one from my Toyota dealer and I was just wondering if it'll be perfectly centered? I remember watching a video a while back that the front badge has like screws or you have to remove the front bumper to get the badge off, is this true? They told me it was just held in by pins and super easy to remove and replace so wondering if I'm overthinking!
That all depends on you. I just did mine. The rest Toyota badge dropped so I gotta re do it. Yes the front has tabs, but the new one just depends on you centering it properly. If that's what you're asking

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Even if it's perfectly centered, you don't want to stare at the car too long in detail as you will notice the German fit and finish which is un-Toyota like.. you will notice more problems than good for your health.
Really? My German cars (past and current) have had excellent fit and finish. Panel gaps are always dead on.