Anybody here has AAA for their Supra?

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm curious if there's anyone here that uses AAA or something else. If not, why not?

I've heard toyota roadside assistance is pretty useless, but I've never used it. Any experiences?
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Kyosho MiniZ? :dunno:

I guess the question is why AAA? My insurance can do everything needed for my car emergencies.. including towing. Travel I just use the intenets.. :crazy:

SupraXXII

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
I'm curious if there's anyone here that uses AAA or something else. If not, why not?

I've heard toyota roadside assistance is pretty useless, but I've never used it. Any experiences?
AAA Premier
  • 1 tow per household up to 200 miles, remaining tows up to 100 miles
  • Members get up to 4 service calls each membership year

I travel from Los Angeles to San Diego twice a month (120 miles distance).
The average cost to hire a tow truck service is $75 to $125. Most towing companies have a minimum charge of $50 for the first 5 to 10 miles, then $2 to $4 per mile after.

I pay $120 a year for AAA.

OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Nice! I've had AAA before and they saved my ass years ago when my engine blew up, by giving me a reaaaally cheap rate for rental. I haven't bought it again a while ago, but I'm gonna do it soon.

Also, if you have Tmobile, you get AAA free for a year(the cheapest one tho)

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I have the AAA gold plan. I use the free tows for cars that I buy that dont run. The big plus for me, here in CA, I can do all my DMV stuff at AAA and save hours of waiting at a very miserable place. I think I pay something like $60 a year for 2 people since I have been a member for so long.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
AAA is great for the 200 mile tow. My current insurance carrier gives me 500mi per year to use as I want, so dropped AAA, otherwise I'd keep them JUST for that.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I have AAA, insurance covers it as well, but AAA is great for cars that I buy with no tags, don't run etc, like someone said above, plus I use it for my boats and jetski's

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
AAA fucked me so bad in the Supra. I paid for it for almost a year and had a puncture around 10pm on a Monday night.

i sat on the side of the road for 5 hours, and AAA blamed me saying I was supposed to stay on the phone waiting with a dispatch rep until someone got there.

I had to call my own tow truck, and then AAA promised to compensate me for the value. It took longer than two months to get my check, and when I did it was half the value. They had the gall to claim “club services were not used when available” and I had to fight for another few weeks calling everyday and emailing them until they finally refunded me in full and I cancelled the next day.

now my insurance reimbursement is only $2 a month and I have the flatbed service I used last time on speed dial as they were awesome and towed me all the way across the city at 3am when no one else would even bring a flatbed down the tight windy road I was stuck on.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Dont have AAA and never needed it. I’ve towed friends home in my Tacoma that were waiting 2-3 hours for AAA to show up.

For the Supra I have a Modern Spare tire in case I get a flat. I’m trying to prevent putting it on a flatbed if at all possible.

-RJM

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
AAA Premier
  • 1 tow per household up to 200 miles, remaining tows up to 100 miles
  • Members get up to 4 service calls each membership year

I travel from Los Angeles to San Diego twice a month (120 miles distance).
The average cost to hire a tow truck service is $75 to $125. Most towing companies have a minimum charge of $50 for the first 5 to 10 miles, then $2 to $4 per mile after.

I pay $120 a year for AAA.
I'm not sure what came over my brother but I'm sure he was advise by his buddies on the Tesla Forum/facebook. He always seems to value their advice over mine. He decided that he needed 3 years worth of AAA Premier service out of the blue on day. I asked him about it and he just shrugged and said "just in case".

I got it for free but, I wouldn't pay for it. Having said that, I did get a flat when I ran over a pothole and had to use Toyota Roadside. I waited about 45 minutes and this was around 3 PM when I called. I had it towed to Discount Tire, which was within the 25 mile allowance. The tow guy told me that Toyota uses AAA for their Roadside program.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Dont have AAA and never needed it. I’ve towed friends home in my Tacoma that were waiting 2-3 hours for AAA to show up.

For the Supra I have a Modern Spare tire in case I get a flat. I’m trying to prevent putting it on a flatbed if at all possible.

-RJM
Dood you're like a god.

For me I have the ModernSpare too and marked with a huge downward arrow in my garage storage area so that I can call my kid or wife to bring me the bag under the huge arrow during blow out.

With my luck they'll bring my fire extinguisher.. :ninja:

:dunno:

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
AAA is great for women who like to run out of gas...they bring you free gas.

All kidding aside, it's worth it for dealing with the DMV stuff as @Evolution has stated. That is worth it, just for that alone imo.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That’s a definite. When the steering rack went out on my 2021, Toyota sent a flatbed that refused to pick up my car bc they were nervous about how low it sits.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I do have AAA and is my "insurance" plan for track activities which I hope I never have to use it for myself. however, I helped many of my friends.

Toyota plan is only for toyota - perhaps only supra? I have other cars that may need assistants on so never looked into it further.
Sponsored