Anyone cross shop an Integra Type S?

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Model S, 97 Miata, 12 Ridgeline
I'm considering a replacement car in the next year or so. I currently daily drive a 2019 Model S performance and have owned a 97 Miata for the past 20 years with a supercharger, suspension, etc. I've tracked the Miata and enjoyed it, but it's now an antique that I've poured a bunch of money into to pretty it back up, and I can't track the Tesla. I plan to replace the Model S with something else and keep the Miata around for weekend fun and maybe still take it to a track once in a while.

I drove the Integra Type S earlier this year and it was pretty good, but it didn't push my timeline to buy one any further left. It drove well enough, and it has better tech (lane keeping, Android Auto, better stereo) than the Supra. Everyone raves about the shifter, but I found it a little too notchy to deserve such praise. Having a manual as a daily would be interesting again. A Miata was my only car from 2000-2011. I don't really need the room of the Integra most of the time, but it would be nice. I'd expect the typical nice Acura/Honda reliability too. I'd probably leave the powertrain stock to stay reliable at the track. Besides, too much power in a FWD platform doesn't sound like much fun.

Supra wins on power, looks, RWD, and a potentially nicer daily drive around here since I'd probably opt for the auto. Getting one of those boxes for AA would be a day-one purchase. I've not read of any reliability issues with the Supra. I'd likely tune the car for a little more power on the street and leave it at stock power for the track. I've yet to drive a Supra. Maybe that'll make the decision an easy one.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
lol - no.

They are great cars that I'm sure make fun daily drivers, but its not in any league with a Supra, regardless of what Facebook and their forums say.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
First off why dont you go on the integra forum and second “better tech than the supra” lmfaooo you got a rock for a brain? All they did was recycle the 10th gen accord infotainment on the car infact all of honda lineup currently is just the recycled accord infotainment and its still outdated to the competition. these cars are in completely different leagues you’re just really comparing apples to oranges for god knows why

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Not at all in the same league. Great car, and I’d love one as a daily, but they’re worlds apart.

OP
OP

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First off why dont you go on the integra forum and second “better tech than the supra” lmfaooo you got a rock for a brain? All they did was recycle the 10th gen accord infotainment on the car infact all of honda lineup currently is just the recycled accord infotainment and its still outdated to the competition. these cars are in completely different leagues you’re just really comparing apples to oranges for god knows why
It's a shame that the "10th gen Accord infotainment" still has AA and the Supra doesn't. I think this is mostly solved with an $800 aftermarket addon, though it is still not seamless. People rave about the ELS system in the ITS, but I've read people bash the JBL in the Supra here.

I also have an Integraforum account now and planned on asking the same question there.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I'm considering a replacement car in the next year or so. I currently daily drive a 2019 Model S performance and have owned a 97 Miata for the past 20 years with a supercharger, suspension, etc. I've tracked the Miata and enjoyed it, but it's now an antique that I've poured a bunch of money into to pretty it back up, and I can't track the Tesla. I plan to replace the Model S with something else and keep the Miata around for weekend fun and maybe still take it to a track once in a while.

I drove the Integra Type S earlier this year and it was pretty good, but it didn't push my timeline to buy one any further left. It drove well enough, and it has better tech (lane keeping, Android Auto, better stereo) than the Supra. Everyone raves about the shifter, but I found it a little too notchy to deserve such praise. Having a manual as a daily would be interesting again. A Miata was my only car from 2000-2011. I don't really need the room of the Integra most of the time, but it would be nice. I'd expect the typical nice Acura/Honda reliability too. I'd probably leave the powertrain stock to stay reliable at the track. Besides, too much power in a FWD platform doesn't sound like much fun.

Supra wins on power, looks, RWD, and a potentially nicer daily drive around here since I'd probably opt for the auto. Getting one of those boxes for AA would be a day-one purchase. I've not read of any reliability issues with the Supra. I'd likely tune the car for a little more power on the street and leave it at stock power for the track. I've yet to drive a Supra. Maybe that'll make the decision an easy one.
honestly man, you're not asking much here, just rambling. i cross-shopped with the CTR. ultimately the looks and B58 noise are what convinced me. correct, the ITS has much better tech and speakers than the supra-- the supra in no way feels like a "luxury" car, it is BMW without being a BMW, but this lack of tech is something you quickly get over.

if you're looking to replace the miata, either CTR or supra is a good choice.

if you're looking to replace the tesla, ITS is a good choice

if you want a mix of awesome track/street, replacing either, supra

to enjoy the supra on the track, not much is needed: fluids, pads, tires, cooling

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
also, for the people saying they're leagues apart-- although this information isn't absolute, remember the Civic Type R has a faster Nurbugring time than the Supra by 9 seconds. relax, street warriors

OP
OP

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good comparison. I was thinking of the sound of the straight 6 would be a draw as well. The sound was one of the reasons I was into motorcycles for a decade or so. The ITS sound was nothing special to me.

The Miata is here to stay. I have too much history with it to let it go. In 20 years I'd otherwise be saying "boy, I wish I'd kept the Miata..."

The "BMW without being a BMW" is actually a positive. I don't need luxury (the Tesla is not luxurious either) but I have become accustomed to having Spotify and good navigation without fiddling with a phone. I installed an AA headunit in my RL and it is excellent.

Track performance / fun is also important to me. Absolute times won't sway me, but they are indicative of capability. I otherwise likely would not have considered a FWD car.

With any car, straight line performance is dropping off from the Model S, but I don't street or drag race anyway. I usually go to bed before those guys eat lunch. The extra power the Supra offers is nice for passing though.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
also, for the people saying they're leagues apart-- although this information isn't absolute, remember the Civic Type R has a faster Nurbugring time than the Supra by 9 seconds. relax, street warriors
Where did the CTR come from? And it still sucks.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Track performance / fun is also important to me.

The extra power the Supra offers is nice for passing though.
test drive the soup. besides the B58, the ZF8 is something to fall in love with
Where did the CTR come from? And it still sucks.
CTR and ITS are twins. feel free to admit you're not a car enthusiast

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
They’re worlds apart, and I didn’t mean Nurburgring times.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Both are nice cars just with 2 different objectives.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
test drive the soup. besides the B58, the ZF8 is something to fall in love with

CTR and ITS are twins. feel free to admit you're not a car enthusiast
Lol "car enthusiasts" yet not knowing damn well that CTR was upgraded to the gills for track whereas the Supra was on stock everything and also the 19-20 varient model prior to bump.

Backfired real quick mate.
Sponsored

Last edited: