Anyone Switch out Hi Flo Catted DP for Catless DP

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Been thinking about ordering the Kenjigarage catless downpipe since many have had good luck with no CEL on it. But I already have the Active Autoworkes Catted DP. There aren’t a lot of comparo’s out there on just downpipe swap outs and testing. I found one but can’t seem to find it again. If I recall they said they got 10hp over stock on a hi flo DP and then another 10hp over that with catless. So 20hp in total. Now considering just how popular a catless DP is and just how much faster these cars are that seemed a bit low.

So anyone swap a catted hi flo for catless? Performance gains? Butt Dyno feel better? I’m currently running JB4 Map 5, E30, Injen up front, AWE and AA for exhaust.

Appreciate ya’ll

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I went Catless to Catted.

Catless made my awesome exhaust sound like shit, everything rattled, and was droney and raspy.

Difference in HP is 8-10 max.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I went from AMS catted to catless with an AWE resonated touring exhaust… if you have an AWE touring or magnaflow X mod the catless downpipe won’t make the exhaust raspy at all. Two best systems for the car IMO. Also i prefer catless hands down sounds a-lot meaner. i went from JB4 to an MHD OTS 93 tune and the difference is significant between the piggyback and real flash tune. You’ll get some performance gain going catless but nothing insane it’s really personal preference. I can tell you switching to BM3 or MHD will make a big difference tho.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
I'm currently on the Kenji 200 Cell DP. Couldn't be any happier! The booty dyno feels good with just this DP and intake. Throaty exhaust note and more tire spin!

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if you have an AWE touring or magnaflow X mod the catless downpipe won’t make the exhaust raspy at all.
I have an AWE Touring, resonated. It was raspy as shit.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I recently went from AA catted to VRSF catless. With the OEM catback, the catless sounds a bit deeper and "growlier" (is that a word?) during acceleration with no difference while cruising.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have an AWE Touring, resonated. It was raspy as shit.
Like poster above me, has to be subjective because i ran the AWE touring with res and catless and its not raspy at all. Raspy was my catless 5.0 with Corsa so maybe this is and i just dont think so. but you are the first i have ever seen anyone say a AWE is raspy.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Like poster above me, has to be subjective because i ran the AWE touring with res and catless and its not raspy at all. Raspy was my catless 5.0 with Corsa so maybe this is and i just dont think so. but you are the first i have ever seen anyone say a AWE is raspy.
Its not raspy with a HFC, but catless it was terrible. Im pretty sensitive to drone/rasp ("too old for this shit") so it may be that. it was loud. super loud.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
So the stock cat is like 600 cell I think and the AA is a 400 cell so not exactly hi flo by the numbers but cell structure matters. I have the AFE Takeda Touring exhaust With the value closed goes through a big muffler, valve open straight pipe out. I have heard this on other Supra’s with catless DP and they sound fantastic. So no issues with the sound on my exhaust personally as i already heard it.

Just trying to figure out if it’s worth another $600 to ditch the active autoworkes 400 cell cat for catless. Is the power really that much better since everyone seems to run a catless DP. Logically my brains goes “sure it will be more” was hoping someone did a dyno.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
So the stock cat is like 600 cell I think and the AA is a 400 cell so not exactly hi flo by the numbers but cell structure matters. I have the AFE Takeda Touring exhaust With the value closed goes through a big muffler, valve open straight pipe out. I have heard this on other Supra’s with catless DP and they sound fantastic. So no issues with the sound on my exhaust personally as i already heard it.

Just trying to figure out if it’s worth another $600 to ditch the active autoworkes 400 cell cat for catless. Is the power really that much better since everyone seems to run a catless DP. Logically my brains goes “sure it will be more” was hoping someone did a dyno.
The power difference is only if you have a real tune on the car otherwise it’s just a sound modification

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Logically my brains goes “sure it will be more” was hoping someone did a dyno.
did ya make the switch yet? also have the AA DP, planning on going catless after summer. my only concern is most catless DPs sound garbage, but according to research on catless 5" DPs, they're deeper and non-raspy sounding.

verbatim, my tuner said i can expect UP TO 40whp and 80wtq, when switching

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I did went with Kanji garage unit. No CEL so far been on a couple weeks now!
I will be getting an MHD tune from CES next month when I can get up there. That should liven it up over me JB4. Will try for before and after JB4 VS MHD.