Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Oh it’s louder and the over run pops and snaps are loud.

As for Tune watched a number of videos BM vs MHD. Ultimately the cars with mods like mine had smoother curves and a tick more power and subjectively better drivability with MHD.
Exutek apparently is for the rich folk. Local shop wants $2200 to tune with Ecutek and won’t touch it unless I do everything from them. Shop south of me wants $1500-$1800 and CES is $1200 and if I want an E Blend custom tune here in Tampa with ecutek they want $2600-$3000

plus ecutek site says no phone flash support yet for the Supra. So any changes I have to go pays the shop To change it on their schedule

for the difference and flexibility and price MHD won out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
All good just sharing my experience and thought process. Hopefully it helps some folks.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
All good just sharing my experience and thought process. Hopefully it helps some folks.
Not trying to revive a thread a couple months old, but I'm curious. Why not just go with a VRSF 200 cell high flow catted downpipe? Wouldn't that be the closest thing to catless? I'm on an oem cat still with an ARK DTS full exhaust and debating if I should pick up a VRSF catted downpipe rather than paying $1,450 for an Actice Autowerks 400 cell downpipe if I'm going to tune BM3 or MHD soon anyways. Open to anyone's feedback.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Not trying to revive a thread a couple months old, but I'm curious. Why not just go with a VRSF 200 cell high flow catted downpipe? Wouldn't that be the closest thing to catless? I'm on an oem cat still with an ARK DTS full exhaust and debating if I should pick up a VRSF catted downpipe rather than paying $1,450 for an Actice Autowerks 400 cell downpipe if I'm going to tune BM3 or MHD soon anyways. Open to anyone's feedback.
I got the Kenji 200Cell HF DP no cel since I’ve had it around 2k miles so far.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’ve watched my old race shop empty cat char bits out into a garbage can and put customers exhaust back on. Mine included. Mostly stock vehicles. We tracked the crap out of them. Perhaps things have changed over the years. Mine definitely sounds like a race car and exhales with ease. But all my other vehicles (except my MX5) have their cats.
Sponsored