zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
it’s hard to get consistent penetration because it’s so messy. Flux is better used on thick material rather than exhaust piping. And needless to say, it looks terrible no matter how good you are at welding. Gas conversion are normally cheap. It’s the bottle that’s the expensive part. But I would highly recommend doing it, for every reason possible.
I’m mostly done with welding it together and the flux welder turned out great. It was tough to not melt the pipes but it got the job done. Welds don’t look that clean but they aren’t that bad. I will post later with pictures welding up the final parts of it today!
Sponsored

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
good job hope it runs well
Thanks still gotta do literally everything else have only welded together the manifold so far! I’m doing a wrap around it right now to prevent some heat soaking will post pictures of the full manifold when I’m done !

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
Okay here’s the final and full design for the top mount two port manifold. It uses 304 stainless steel pipes 1.5 inch diameter 10 gauge thickness welded together. Attached to the top is a t4 flange and underneath is a tail 44mm waste gate that will eventually route down or connect to the Downpipe haven’t decided yet. For the waste gate I don’t have any springs for it yet need to find and talk to a tuner about what springs to run and such. I wrapped it today and am putting through a few heat cycles with a blow torch so it can set in place.
IMG_1733.jpeg
IMG_1735.jpeg

lucheski

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2003 Mustang Cobra
I respect you for taking the initiative to do build something on your own. Looking forward to seeing your updates and how you resolve challenges. You will learn many valuable skills, but it's unlikely to be cheaper once you add everything up in the end. However the knowledge you have earned will return you more financial gain over time

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I respect you for taking the initiative to do build something on your own. Looking forward to seeing your updates and how you resolve challenges. You will learn many valuable skills, but it's unlikely to be cheaper once you add everything up in the end. However the knowledge you have earned will return you more financial gain over time
Actually I’m about $1,000 invested in this and I have everything besides a few odd things I forgot. Total in the end I’m estimating just under $1,500. I can do a rough cost breakdown at the end too.

OP
OP
zvrlry

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
How I made the charge pipe:
First I did a evap system delete and got rid of all those lines. Everything that needs to be vented is now vented to atmosphere. Extra lines were plugged off. After that I did a water pump delete and got rid of the water pump system. The water pump isn’t necessary anymore since I’m using a precision turbo that doesn’t require water lines. Doing both of these opened up a lot of room. I got the stock factory charge pipe and sawed it in half. After that I can a rubber silicone clamp 2.75 inches to 2.5 and connected it to a 90 degree bend 2.5 inch pipe. Then I used another silicone coupler (2.5 inches) and connected it to the turbo. Everything’s secure and it fits amazing. All in all this diy charge pipe cost about 30$ for the 90 degree pipe and silicone couplers.

IMG_1751.jpeg

IMG_1752.jpeg

Dubesa05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Respect this, looking at jumping into this project myself, although I have the 6 port. I have some TIG experience however, just not with tubular manifolds. Seeing that you used flux, I'd double check the inside welds, if any of that is flaky or splattered its gonna go into the turbo, and that will put you over budget quick.
Sponsored