BM3 MultiMap (map switching)

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Hi members, I have a 2021 Supra with 2020 DME bench unlocked. I am using Mulitmap on BM3 but I could not get it to work. I tried both ways either pressing and holding the cruise control down or pressing and holding resume button, but it won't actiavte the map selection. I have the most update software after the brake recall was done 6 weeks ago. wonder if anyone can give me a pointer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius
Same situation here. Have contact BM3 team half years ago. 2021 is not fully supported by this map yet. So, we can only use ACN91 map.

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Same situation here. Have contact BM3 team half years ago. 2021 is not fully supported by this map yet. So, we can only use ACN91 map.
Ya, I figured flashing the multimap 91 is no difference than ACN91 map. Just using the Stage1 91 map for now. Did they reply to you if they could make it work for 2021 in the future?

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius
Yeah, I felt 91 tune is the best after using acn91 and 93. They told me there is no estimated timeline for fully supporting 2021 model, so they gave me a credit to try out 93 map

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Yeah, I felt 91 tune is the best after using acn91 and 93. They told me there is no estimated timeline for fully supporting 2021 model, so they gave me a credit to try out 93 map

Thank you for your input, I ended up buying the map-pack and ran then stage 2 93Oct map.

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius
Good for you! I just bought E30 stage 1 tune since I couldn't find 93 pump gas in AZ. E30 seems working good so far. No knocking or pulling timing yet:beer:

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Good for you! I just bought E30 stage 1 tune since I couldn't find 93 pump gas in AZ. E30 seems working good so far. No knocking or pulling timing yet:beer:
which Ethanol kit you’re running? Can you share a bit more details? I just installed an AEM methanol kit for cooling but interested to run E30ish for more power.

C4519341-A7ED-4655-A7E0-7AC4AE21E115.jpeg

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius
I have no other modifications so far! I read that we can run up to E30 with the stock fuel system. Just mix 4 gallons of true E85 when filling up. Some stations might only carry E50 although it says E85.

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
I have no other modifications so far! I read that we can run up to E30 with the stock fuel system. Just mix 4 gallons of true E85 when filling up. Some stations might only carry E50 although it says E85.
It does not work that way unfortunately. If you don’t have an Ethanol sensor to tell the ECU the E-content, the ECU would just run the base map for regular pump gas. The whole idea for the E30 map is there are tables that adjust boost level, ign timing, and fuel injection etc to accommodate different E-content. I ran Ethanol on 2 of my cars, both required FlexFuel kit.

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
It does not work that way unfortunately. If you don’t have an Ethanol sensor to tell the ECU the E-content, the ECU would just run the base map for regular pump gas. The whole idea for the E30 map is there are tables that adjust boost level, ign timing, and fuel injection etc to accommodate different E-content. I ran Ethanol on 2 of my cars, both required FlexFuel kit.
Thats exactly how it works.

You are confusing flex fuel maps with OTS E30 maps. The OTS E30 maps are specifically set up to run at E30, no sensor required.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
@A90.C is definitely on the right track here. You don't necessarily need a sensor to run a static map, though it's dangerous as E content varies from pump to pump. It's less dangerous to use something like Ignite Orange to supplement your 93.

If you tell your ECU there is E30 (or E40, E50, etc), then you don't need flex, but you really fucking do need to make sure you have the ethanol in the tank.

Even a fuel-it can help here, as it will give you a readout of the current ethanol level in your tank.

Flex tuning is different than static OTS blend tunes. Flex allows the map to change itself depending on the current ethanol in the tank, with no input from the user.

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Thats exactly how it works.

You are confusing flex fuel maps with OTS E30 maps. The OTS E30 maps are specifically set up to run at E30, no sensor required.
Thanks for the correction, didn’t know the OTS E30 map is actually set for E30 fuel, was confused it’s setup for FlexFuel up from E0-E30. @zrk is right, you better make sure the E content is no less than E30.

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
@A90.C is definitely on the right track here. You don't necessarily need a sensor to run a static map, though it's dangerous as E content varies from pump to pump. It's less dangerous to use something like Ignite Orange to supplement your 93.

If you tell your ECU there is E30 (or E40, E50, etc), then you don't need flex, but you really fucking do need to make sure you have the ethanol in the tank.

Even a fuel-it can help here, as it will give you a readout of the current ethanol level in your tank.

Flex tuning is different than static OTS blend tunes. Flex allows the map to change itself depending on the current ethanol in the tank, with no input from the user.
What is a “ Fuel-it”?

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
What is a “ Fuel-it”?
Fuel it is an ethanol sensor so you can see what % you are at. They have Bluetooth kit and read it from an app on your phone. Takes the guessing out, which is dangerous. E varies season to season and station to station. Running too low E on a given map is recipe for disaster.

https://fuel-it.com/products/toyota-supra-flex-fuel-sensor

I have it on my 335 but a true flex fuel kit and tune is worlds better, which is what I went with on this car.

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius

Exactly, the pump I went for E85 is constantly tested around E80 to E90 level. So far the car feels normal and the log seems good.
Sponsored