Can you say Orella Acoustics???

Gargle my Gabagool

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Update: I ended up ripping apart the entire back end of the car trying to figure out what was causing the vibrating. Was a two day ordeal trying to figure out where it was coming from.

I swapped subwoofers, same thing was happening, the noise stopped when I held the subwoofer off of the enclosure slightly. Found a little prong in the top of the metal enclosure that the sub sits on that was slightly loose so I ended up slapping a fat sheet of dynamat over the top of the enclosure on the left side and cutting holes for the ports. Ended up solving the vibration issue and now the subs/setup sound fantastic!

You will have to adjust EQ settings with the stock amp if you’re using Tadda’s settings because these are definitely punchier. Next step is figuring out what my plan is for the AMP.
Sponsored

Arkaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Odyssey, Stratosphere 6MT
Update: I ended up ripping apart the entire back end of the car trying to figure out what was causing the vibrating. Was a two day ordeal trying to figure out where it was coming from.

I swapped subwoofers, same thing was happening, the noise stopped when I held the subwoofer off of the enclosure slightly. Found a little prong in the top of the metal enclosure that the sub sits on that was slightly loose so I ended up slapping a fat sheet of dynamat over the top of the enclosure on the left side and cutting holes for the ports. Ended up solving the vibration issue and now the subs/setup sound fantastic!
@Gargle my Gabagool Any chance you could provide some more details on this? I got my supra earlier this week and from day 1 there has been a buzzing/vibrating from the left sub around the 100-200hz range that I have not been able to track down. When I'm in the driver seat, it sounds like it's coming from behind the seat belt assembly (but everything is tight). When I'm in the trunk it sounds like it's coming from the sub box, so I'm guessing there's some kind of resonance flowing through the frame or panels. I tore apart the driver side rear speaker panels yesterday trying to find if something was loose and even disconnected the mid and tweeter to eliminate them during my troubleshooting. My next attempt will be to remove the sub and see if I take a look inside the enclosure

Yours is the first description I've been able to find that even comes close to what I'm experiencing. What do you mean by prong? Is it something the sub itself sits on? Or like a structural part of the inside of the box?

Thanks for the help!

Gargle my Gabagool

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
@Gargle my Gabagool Any chance you could provide some more details on this? I got my supra earlier this week and from day 1 there has been a buzzing/vibrating from the left sub around the 100-200hz range that I have not been able to track down. When I'm in the driver seat, it sounds like it's coming from behind the seat belt assembly (but everything is tight). When I'm in the trunk it sounds like it's coming from the sub box, so I'm guessing there's some kind of resonance flowing through the frame or panels. I tore apart the driver side rear speaker panels yesterday trying to find if something was loose and even disconnected the mid and tweeter to eliminate them during my troubleshooting. My next attempt will be to remove the sub and see if I take a look inside the enclosure

Yours is the first description I've been able to find that even comes close to what I'm experiencing. What do you mean by prong? Is it something the sub itself sits on? Or like a structural part of the inside of the box?

Thanks for the help!
Yeah, I was having something similar happen after I swapped out the subs the first time too in that exact frequency range so I spent the better part of a day trying to figure it out and the best guess I had is it was coming from a couple of pins that were loose that come up out of the box under the subwoofer that I think is used to keep the side wall in the enclosure in place. Once I slapped a huge chunk of dynamat down on the top of the sub box (and cut holes in it for the ports under the sub) it went away.

49705870223_1a12bd4038_h.jpg

Circled in red. Not my pic but it's the first one I found that shows the pins I'm talking about

Arkaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Odyssey, Stratosphere 6MT
Yeah, I was having something similar happen after I swapped out the subs the first time too in that exact frequency range so I spent the better part of a day trying to figure it out and the best guess I had is it was coming from a couple of pins that were loose that come up out of the box under the subwoofer that I think is used to keep the side wall in the enclosure in place. Once I slapped a huge chunk of dynamat down on the top of the sub box (and cut holes in it for the ports under the sub) it went away.

Circled in red. Not my pic but it's the first one I found that shows the pins I'm talking about
Sweet! I'll look into this. Thanks for the reply!

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX

Thanks for the help!
also make sure cross brace bolts are not loose. I had replaced the brace and a couple bolts were not tight and could potentially rattle.
Sponsored