Creating an ///MKV or ///MK5 Badge

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I was thinking of cobbling together an ///MKV or ///MK5 badge to replace the GR Badge on the back of the car.

Has anyone had any success in matching a BMW ///M badge with some generic chrome letters available on Aliexpress/elsewhere? Despite it being a pisstake, I'd like it to look legit - perfect height and proportion match, etc.

???
Sponsored

MVJ1975

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
So would I! I've got a t-shirt with that I wear occasionally.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I'm thinking along the lines of this matched with these but was hoping someone already had tried and found a matching set. I think it would look crass if it was even a few millimeters out. At worst, maybe even just the ///M on its own might do the trick. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
LOL I would absolute buy an ///MKV badge to replace the GR logo. Without a second thought.

If anyone is feeling artistic today: https://www.yofab.com/products/custom-stacked-automotive-emblems
I reached out and sent Yoast Fabrication the (very rough) example below, suggesting that the K and V need to exactly match an original BMW ///M badge, finished in identical chrome.

These could either just be additional letters (requiring the purchase of an original ///M badge) or a complete set.

For the record, I have no idea what font BMW are using, I just skewed Helvetica bold and the result isn't terrible to my eyes.

Thoughts?

Screenshot - 22.08.03 at 12.05.17AM.png

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s the trick really.. although I think the official 5 looks wrong. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Ehhh, i think it fits the scheme. I think any other 5 other than the official M5 badge wouldn't look correct. But hey, i feel like you have a vision in your head that i haven't seen so if ever you make a render of it, post it up! šŸ‘šŸ½

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I'd want to also replace the Toyota logo with something like this to complete the package...

Zupr4.jpg

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Here's the response I got from Yofab:
The price for 2 emblems made from satin light blue, dark blue, red and brushed stainless acrylic on a gloss black acrylic base with die-cut 3M tape would be $301.54 total with 7 week turnaround and free shipping in the USA (rush service available). It looks like our solid color acrylics would be a close match but I can not offer or color matching. We will provide a full sized mockup for your approval within 3 business days of payment that you can cut out with scissors and tape on the vehicle to see how it fits in person. If you decide to move forward with your order or have any questions, please let me know. Here's a similar example:
Seems expensive to me and judging by the sample they linked to, I think it's going to end up looking pretty tacky. For me, if it doesn't look like it's an original BMW badge, I'd rather just go the original ///M on its own. Meh.

If these can be made, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a source that will swap letters for you. https://www.newjerseybimmers.com/products/b58-badge-real-metal-black
That does looks pretty cool but would want the letters unjoined. Hmm.
Sponsored