DIY Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) Removal

Revenge134

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th anniversary GR Supra, 2024 TypeR, RS5
Yeah makes no sense how coding would do this but trying to describe the feeling is before I did code the shifting felt stiff and like a two click feeling. After coding clutch feels same but the throws are smooth and no click type feeling. Hard to explain. I noticed a bit more cause I recently had back surgery and left foot numb but can feel the clutch pressure and it feels same. Pushing into gear almost feels like the gate opened up( I think that’s what it is called ). I get more turbo noise and and extra pop or two vs normal sport. I still have yet to find a rev match setting but it is doing it on all downshifts. I hope I didn’t mess something up lol. Honestly the improvement is great. I read the 6MT is (intelligent ) on my window sticker. Maybe it changed to a bmw mode. I have an Audi and never had a bmw (nor to I want one ). Well I guess I have one now lol. I wish I had someway to show you guys. When I go into the sport settings, I can only change those three settings to sport or normal. And I believe rev match is supposed to be in there, but I don’t see it it’s possible I didn’t code it in or something not really sure. I have car apart for speaker box mod but will play more after that’s done and try and show. I do have a friend with a brand new 3.0 premium but not sure if he would trust me to play around with bimmer on his car. I never let others drive any of my cars but I may have him try my car and see if he notices anything different. Will keep you posted if you want.
Sponsored

Revenge134

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th anniversary GR Supra, 2024 TypeR, RS5
This is what I did in BimmerCode:

20. Add Sport Plus Mode driving mode [Verified-Highly Recommended]
This adds a new Sport Plus Mode driving mode options under engine and transmission (i.e. more aggressive throttle response & faster shifting).
Note: Through the iDrive menus, you must enable pop ups so you can select between Sport mode and Sport Plus when using the Sport button on the car.
Main Ă  Body Domain Controller (BDC) + [Expert] Ă  3221 PfFesMaster Ă  FesSportWorld Mode1 Ă  SportExpert Main Ă  Body Domain Controller (BDC) +
Code:
Main Ă  HeadUnit (HU_NBT_EVO) + [Expert] Ă  3008 FES Ă  FES_SPORT_EXPERT Ă  Aktiv
Main Ă  HeadUnit (HU_NBT_EVO) + [CODE]

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
just wanted to make sure..
were we supposed to put the rubber spacer back in...?
Did you ever get an answer on this? Sounds like it’s a no?

djf

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT 45th AE
Yeah makes no sense how coding would do this but trying to describe the feeling is before I did code the shifting felt stiff and like a two click feeling. After coding clutch feels same but the throws are smooth and no click type feeling. Hard to explain. I noticed a bit more cause I recently had back surgery and left foot numb but can feel the clutch pressure and it feels same. Pushing into gear almost feels like the gate opened up( I think that’s what it is called ). I get more turbo noise and and extra pop or two vs normal sport. I still have yet to find a rev match setting but it is doing it on all downshifts. I hope I didn’t mess something up lol. Honestly the improvement is great. I read the 6MT is (intelligent ) on my window sticker. Maybe it changed to a bmw mode. I have an Audi and never had a bmw (nor to I want one ). Well I guess I have one now lol. I wish I had someway to show you guys. When I go into the sport settings, I can only change those three settings to sport or normal. And I believe rev match is supposed to be in there, but I don’t see it it’s possible I didn’t code it in or something not really sure. I have car apart for speaker box mod but will play more after that’s done and try and show. I do have a friend with a brand new 3.0 premium but not sure if he would trust me to play around with bimmer on his car. I never let others drive any of my cars but I may have him try my car and see if he notices anything different. Will keep you posted if you want.
If you coded sport+ correctly then you should have an extra setting for the engine. It sounds like this might just be placebo

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
There's no coding that directly affects the gearbox or clutch operation that I can think of or even imagine. The only thing that could affect manual shifting for "some" may be the sharper more direct throttle response in Sport mode that some might find helpful for their "clutch/shifting timing" Other than that "it's all in the mind" as mentioned.

Phil

OP
OP
Stvee

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Did you ever get an answer on this? Sounds like it’s a no?
No need to put it back in. Just save it with the restrictor in case you ever want to put them back in for some reason.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
No need to put it back in. Just save it with the restrictor in case you ever want to put them back in for some reason.
Thank you! Seemed no one had answered that question haha

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
did it yesterday, went exactly as described. Did need quite a bit of force and a screwdriver for the wood screw to thread onto the metal valve, but other than that, worked great.

Massive difference, really completes the manual experience and removes any awkwardness.

Thanks a lot!

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
There's no coding that directly affects the gearbox or clutch operation that I can think of or even imagine. The only thing that could affect manual shifting for "some" may be the sharper more direct throttle response in Sport mode that some might find helpful for their "clutch/shifting timing" Other than that "it's all in the mind" as mentioned.

Phil
Regarding that, I'm not a big fan of the "sport" throrrle response but I like the "sport" exhaust mode. Any of you know if there is a way in sport individual to configure exhaust valve and throttle response seperatly (even through bĂŹmmercode maybe)? Seems like they are bundled together in the engine setting.

OP
OP
Stvee

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Regarding that, I'm not a big fan of the "sport" throrrle response but I like the "sport" exhaust mode. Any of you know if there is a way in sport individual to configure exhaust valve and throttle response seperatly (even through bĂŹmmercode maybe)? Seems like they are bundled together in the engine setting.
There are aftermarket solutions for that. You can install this and then program one of your mirror buttons to open/close the exhaust valve.

https://speedindustry.com/always-open-valve-cg-p

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
There are aftermarket solutions for that. You can install this and then program one of your mirror buttons to open/close the exhaust valve.

https://speedindustry.com/always-open-valve-cg-p
I don't think that is what he's asking. If I understand correctly, I think @Rob_SER is asking if the Engine Sport setting can somehow be separated so that throttle response and exhaust settings can be applied independently.

I do not think this is possible.

On a side note. I'm curious as to how you could program (mirror) buttons to do something other than their original function. Does this require additional hardware or is it pure coding?

OP
OP
Stvee

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think that is what he's asking. If I understand correctly, I think @Rob_SER is asking if the Engine Sport setting can somehow be separated so that throttle response and exhaust settings can be applied independently.

I do not think this is possible.

On a side note. I'm curious as to how you could program (mirror) buttons to do something other than their original function. Does this require additional hardware or is it pure coding?
It's not exactly what he's asking for but it accomplishes the same thing since it allows you to operate the exhaust valve independently of sport engine mode.

Homelink can copy the radio signal emitted from that key fob. It's essentially the same thing you're doing when you have it learn a garage door opener.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
It's not exactly what he's asking for but it accomplishes the same thing since it allows you to operate the exhaust valve independently of sport engine mode.
Not really. I'm confident the engine Sport setting does more than just release the exhaust flap and adjust throttle control. I say this because my non-valved exhaust changes dramatically (burbles, etc.) when in Sport mode.

Homelink can copy the radio signal emitted from that key fob. It's essentially the same thing you're doing when you have it learn a garage door opener.
OK, but how can this can be mapped to an existing button in the car?

EDIT: Oh.. You mean the garage door button on the mirror. Not the mirror button, lol. We don't have a button on our mirrors. I though you meant the button to control the mirrors!