Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
firekiirinsignup.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Today I got a drivetrain malfunction message.
upload_2020-5-13_17-27-14.jpeg

I did google search what causes it and symptoms it shows several reasons. So I did notice couple symptoms like car start shaking, vehicle seems to cut off/die while on idle but no engine light and it still starts. Also when I turn on my A/C I smell gas.

Has anyone come across like this? And/or has solve the issue?
Sponsored

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
how many miles do you have? take it to the dealership for sure

OP
OP
ebutay87

ebutay87

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
firekiirinsignup.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Engine light went away after putting fuel injection. But definitely Iā€™ll have the dealer check it out.

I have 8k miles on mine. Havenā€™t done oil change cause dealer doesnā€™t wanna change it til 10k.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
thats weird they didn't want to do the oil change at 8k normally for Toyota they want to change it every 5k (even tho its really every 10k). Just take it in to be safe

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Engine light went away after putting fuel injection. But definitely Iā€™ll have the dealer check it out.

I have 8k miles on mine. Havenā€™t done oil change cause dealer doesnā€™t wanna change it til 10k.
Go above their head and ask to change it early. There is no reason you cannot use your free oil chanes early. They beneift by this quite a bit. If they wont, I would suggest looking for an alternate dealer or going to a trusted shop and just changing it at the interval you want.

Is your car stock? Tunes can cause this error. And a downpipe could possibly cause it in the right condition, or some bad fuel.

OP
OP
ebutay87

ebutay87

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
firekiirinsignup.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Go above their head and ask to change it early. There is no reason you cannot use your free oil chanes early. They beneift by this quite a bit. If they wont, I would suggest looking for an alternate dealer or going to a trusted shop and just changing it at the interval you want.

Is your car stock? Tunes can cause this error. And a downpipe could possibly cause it in the right condition, or some bad fuel.
Car has few mods downpipe, exhaust, Charge pipe and scorcher power module. Iā€™ll be doing my own maintenance from now on. I already bought stuff to keep it maintained.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Car has few mods downpipe, exhaust, Charge pipe and scorcher power module. Iā€™ll be doing my own maintenance from now on. I already bought stuff to keep it maintained.
Do not go to the dealer if you have a Schorcher. This is a piggy back computer. And yiur car fell out of its parameters. Try to reproduce this and Contact afe. As I am sure they would love feedback and will update the firmware. This is one small issue of piggy backs. People donā€™t realize they can contact the manufacture. That and even if they contact due to no ability to datalog the ability to adjust vs a custom ecu tune is limited.

but this being said... it is likely from the piggy back. And I would guess at 3500-5200 especially after a mid gear pull.

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Today I got a drivetrain malfunction message.
upload_2020-5-13_17-27-14.jpeg

I did google search what causes it and symptoms it shows several reasons. So I did notice couple symptoms like car start shaking, vehicle seems to cut off/die while on idle but no engine light and it still starts. Also when I turn on my A/C I smell gas.

Has anyone come across like this? And/or has solve the issue?
I do come across that from time to time. Especially when I don't drive for a few days, but I have not had the malfunction come up yet. I did just recently had a diff seal replaced and had a complete new transmission fluid put in. I would have the dealership look at it right away.

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

You should change your oil. Don't wait till the time they want you to wait. Plus don't use there shitty oil. You will notice the difference. Bring the car to a different dealership if they tell you no.

OP
OP
ebutay87

ebutay87

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
firekiirinsignup.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Do not go to the dealer if you have a Schorcher. This is a piggy back computer. And yiur car fell out of its parameters. Try to reproduce this and Contact afe. As I am sure they would love feedback and will update the firmware. This is one small issue of piggy backs. People donā€™t realize they can contact the manufacture. That and even if they contact due to no ability to datalog the ability to adjust vs a custom ecu tune is limited.

but this being said... it is likely from the piggy back. And I would guess at 3500-5200 especially after a mid gear pull.
So i spoke to the technical support and said that the car is still learning from the scorcher.

OP
OP
ebutay87

ebutay87

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
firekiirinsignup.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
You should change your oil. Don't wait till the time they want you to wait. Plus don't use there shitty oil. You will notice the difference. Bring the car to a different dealership if they tell you no.
I will be doing oil change myself and other maintenance. Just reading other post in the forum makes me feel uncomfortable bringing my car to the dealer lol.

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I will be doing oil change myself and other maintenance. Just reading other post in the forum makes me feel uncomfortable bringing my car to the dealer lol.
You should be wary of the dealership now. Check out my forum about the diff seal being defective.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I doubt the Scorcher does much learning. With the parts you've already invested in you'd be much better off ditching the Scorcher and getting a real tune.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
yeah that learning bit... unless you just put it on doesn't require heavy learning. These cars adapt extremely fast. They use real time closed loop fueling and can adjust on the fly. They don't need multiple tanks of fuel to "feel things out"
Sponsored