Driveway Labs Best Trunk Button

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. I just finished install of this button from @Carl - Driveway Labs and have to say that it’s a great kit and find it very useful! Yes, install is a lot of work IMO but I still find it worth it for all of the reasons some of you have posted on this thread.

I did find some things that helped simplify the install for me that I’ll share.

1. I did not need to remove the bumper completely. Not sure if this saved me time but I think it did. Also saved some work when it came time to reinstall everything. I just removed the left side of the bumper cover and pretty much left the right side in place. The cover flexes enough to allow room to drill the hole and you can also access the rubber plug from under the car. I also installed the button on the left side of the license plate.
2. I didn’t need to remove all the interior trim pieces when routing the wire because you can actually just use a trim tool to help tuck the wiring under the carpet and plastic panels.
3. When you need to remove the foam block to pass the wire through the door jam, remove the hood release handle and the plastic cover. It gives you much more room to work with and makes it much easier to remove the foam block.
4. If you’ve never removed the door panel before, follow my “How to Install Puddle Lights” write up that I posted in this forum.

Again, I know this button will help a lot and it’s a high quality kit that Carl put together. The button feels really solid and the wires are nice and thick. I appreciate including the zip ties and the wire tap is awesome too.
Sponsored

First Name
Qiang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra Premium MT
Hi OP, are you still working on the sensor retrofit? Is there an ETA when the new kit with the sensor can be ready for sale? I'm really looking forward to it.
Sponsored