Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
CSF Manifold is trash though. That's why all the big players moved to EOS. IATs are just way to high with other manufactures. Botti's camp is moving as well, now.
Also not the conversation I'd like to have on this thread. You can start a discussion thread and I'll contribute my personal data collection to it if you'd like. ❤
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Also not the conversation I'd like to have on this thread. You can start a discussion thread and I'll contribute my personal data collection to it if you'd like. ❤
I want an EOS manifold someday just because those temp drops @zrk has mentioned is insane! And the power those drag kids are able to put down w/out blowing up their cars is nutZ 🥜

But back to this thread. Any ideas or quick fix you sell for a trunk divider so my sun shade (for example) doesn't always roll to the back of the car. I always have to get out & open the trunk to get it. Since the car has this massive passthrough, it'd be nice to be able to grab stuff while still in the seat.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I want an EOS manifold someday just because those temp drops @zrk has mentioned is insane! And the power those drag kids are able to put down w/out blowing up their cars is nutZ 🥜

But back to this thread. Any ideas or quick fix you sell for a trunk divider so my sun shade (for example) doesn't always roll to the back of the car. I always have to get out & open the trunk to get it. Since the car has this massive passthrough, it'd be nice to be able to grab stuff while still in the seat.
I get what you're putting down, let me sketch up an couple ideas and put together a prototype

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
How about a center exit exhaust replacing the backup light and moving that function to LEDs where the reflectors are? The black part of the bumper is ~$200 so hacking one of those up for a diffuser to go with the exhaust would be sweet too.

A swan neck wing with uprights actually over the hatch edges/where it contacts rhe trunk rather than the center mounted versions.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How about a center exit exhaust replacing the backup light and moving that function to LEDs where the reflectors are? The black part of the bumper is ~$200 so hacking one of those up for a diffuser to go with the exhaust would be sweet too.

A swan neck wing with uprights actually over the hatch edges/where it contacts rhe trunk rather than the center mounted versions.
already working both of these things. Not sure if I want to get involved with lighting and wiring tho. Might leave that up to the end user but I'll think about it.

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
Functional vents? Actually a plastic, paintable door vent delete similar to Seibon’s (but not CF) would be nice. IMHO it would smooth out the lines going to the “shoulders” (wheel arches) augmenting the aggressive look. Plastic to keep the cost down and the possibility of 3D printing?

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Functional vents? Actually a plastic, paintable door vent delete similar to Seibon’s (but not CF) would be nice. Plastic to keep the cost down and the possibility of 3D printing?
This is about the only aesthetic thing I think I'd do to this car. Hate the CF look for this piece - for sure would buy something paintable of high quality.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Functional vents? Actually a plastic, paintable door vent delete similar to Seibon’s (but not CF) would be nice. IMHO it would smooth out the lines going to the “shoulders” (wheel arches) augmenting the aggressive look. Plastic to keep the cost down and the possibility of 3D printing?
a bit more intensive but I'll put it on the list! I need more small stuff to start selling so I can generate funds for the big stuff, r&d gets expensive to do it right 🥵

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
How about replacing the hood “vents” with either static or progressive dynamic LED turn signals (similar to Autotecknic).
Another idea are functional vents to extract heat from the engine bay. This would involve a “snorkel” from the working hood vent down through the secondary hood plate (not sure what the technical name is), to the mouth (inlet) at the top of the engine bay. Obviously a template wirh instructions on where to cut the inlet holes and rubber seals would be included.
I was going to float the idea of progressive boost pressure LED’s, but that smacks of 1980-81 Trans Am Next thing you know, someone will suggest a “screaming chicken” decal! Oh the horror!

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
Okay a more “budget friendly” idea would be to make high quality plastic parts (obviously paintable) that are clones of the more expensive carbon fiber add-ons.
It seems crazy to me to spend over a grand on a CF splitter, only to cringe every time you have to pull in an entrance with >5° incline.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay a more “budget friendly” idea would be to make high quality plastic parts (obviously paintable) that are clones of the more expensive carbon fiber add-ons.
It seems crazy to me to spend over a grand on a CF splitter, only to cringe every time you have to pull in an entrance with >5° incline.
yes, I understand where you are at. I never recommend a front splitter to anyone that isn't ok with it being a disposable item. Every part of the bottom of the car is.

I'm looking at a bunch of material options for splitters and other parts. Another item that moves faster with the more small stuff I am able to sell.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
For one car I owned, someone made a cheap ABS lip. I had one on the car, another as backup. Break one, other another. It was very much stress free.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For one car I owned, someone made a cheap ABS lip. I had one on the car, another as backup. Break one, other another. It was very much stress free.
Plywood is king

Status
Not open for further replies.