Front strut dust boots torn normal?

Import111

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Both my front strut dust boots are torn. This going to cause a problem or not a big deal? Swift lowering springs is the only suspension mod done to the car. 2020 with 34k miles.

Supra suspension2.jpg
Supra suspension1.jpg
Sponsored

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
I dont think thats normal.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Both my front strut dust boots are torn. This going to cause a problem or not a big deal? Swift lowering springs is the only suspension mod done to the car. 2020 with 34k miles.

Supra suspension2.jpg
Supra suspension1.jpg
Well, at least you know the shipping spacers werw removed... and yeah, not normal

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
My suspension is bone stock. 2021 just hit 30k and mine are starting to look like yours as well, not as bad yet though.

GoodCake

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
My suspension is bone stock. 2021 just hit 30k and mine are starting to look like yours as well, not as bad yet though.
What caused this? I noticed it on my car and assumed it was just the HKs lowering springs perhaps being installed wrong.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Honestly I have no idea. I daily my car, its been to the drag strip once and other than that just some spirited driving here and there. I kinda just saw and was like hmmm that's interesting and went on with my day.

Looking at OP's pics again it sorta looks like it happens from jacking up the car and the suspension sagging down. Almost like those boots are being over stretched and that's why they're tearing.

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
35k miles ... mine are split in several places ...

I had the same issue on my BMW i8 and they replaced them as a good will gesture.
Its a lot of work for dust boots.... i will leave mine .. may even remove all trace when they get as bad as yours.

GoodCake

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
35k miles ... mine are split in several places ...

I had the same issue on my BMW i8 and they replaced them as a good will gesture.
Its a lot of work for dust boots.... i will leave mine .. may even remove all trace when they get as bad as yours.
I called Toyota and they said it would be 1300 before I bought the partsā€¦ Iā€™m having Les Schwab do it tomorrow for a little over 100 just for piece of mind and hope I can get rid of that chassis code šŸ˜‚
Sponsored