Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
My car never warned of a dead battery when I started it.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm curious. Not sure where you bought the car from, was it CPO (certified pre-owned)?
Muffler and springs... Man.. is that enough to void warranty on such a thing at 4000km..
Just put on factory parts and take it to a dealer??

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Letā€™s start from step 1 and go from there. Make sure the battery is registered. (It may not be the issue) but got ahead and do it.::: Start from there. Start ruling out issuesā€¦. From cheap to expensiveā€¦.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I had the factory exhaust at my dealership to put on for the bi-yearly service check. But we couldnā€™t do it since the car wouldnā€™t move and it was in a bad spot. I bought the car from a dealer than put the customer exhaust on with the wheels, lip kit and springs. I never had a problem with it before this. They said the checked with Toyotas computer system to run diagnostics and everything seemed fine.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I had the factory exhaust at my dealership to put on for the bi-yearly service check. But we couldnā€™t do it since the car wouldnā€™t move and it was in a bad spot. I bought the car from a dealer than put the customer exhaust on with the wheels, lip kit and springs. I never had a problem with it before this. They said the checked with Toyotas computer system to run diagnostics and everything seemed fine.
Is there no one that you can bring to translate?

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I speak Japanese. It itā€™s my manager thatā€™s talking to me for them. Not me directly with them. Weā€™re closed today so hopefully I can find out more information. Would bimmerlink or code or whichever tell me anymore useful information than battery?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™ve mentioned it before. But still the language barrier. I bought a reader to do so but the car is far from my house.
How is there language barrier with the dealer if you speak Japanese? Or is the language barrier English?

Anyways as others have said I'd start from the cheapest possible problem before going to the expensive part.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Well, Iā€™m American. ;) thank you though.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
How is there language barrier with the dealer if you speak Japanese? Or is the language barrier English?

Anyways as others have said I'd start from the cheapest possible problem before going to the expensive part.
Maybe itā€™s a cultural barrier. They are passive and I am not. So I have to figure how how to nicely tell them to speak plainly and figure it out.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well then you are gaijin šŸ˜ as we've all learned in Tokyo Drifto

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe itā€™s a cultural barrier. They are passive and I am not. So I have to figure how how to nicely tell them to speak plainly and figure it out.
Oh that language barrier. I hated that when living there. The vagueness and indirectness added so much more time and effort to get things done. Good luck.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Oh that language barrier. I hated that when living there. The vagueness and indirectness added so much more time and effort to get things done. Good luck.
Indeed! I've been working with bilingual Japanese colleagues and in Japanese emails they're like, well it could mean this but also that, lol. Took sensitivity classes and man bow this way, bow that way, hand gestures... So confusing..
GL

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just a follow up, for whatever reason, it was the starter. Sucks to dish out 140,000 yen but Iā€™m glad itā€™s fixed. If anyone has any symptoms in the future that resemble it, good to know thatā€™s a possibility.
Sponsored