Here i come Wyoming! Any Recommendations?

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Good afternoon all,

I'm moving from Georgia to Wyoming in about 2 months and want to prepare. There will be a lot of heavy snow and a long winter (about 4 months of summer I believe).

Any of you live up north with a Supra that recommend anything specific? I really don't want to sell the Supra but will need to still use it as a daily driver. I have been thinking maybe I can under coat the under carriage with a all season weather liner perhaps.
Sponsored

Lwrthnu

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr supra
Good afternoon all,

I'm moving from Georgia to Wyoming in about 2 months and want to prepare. There will be a lot of heavy snow and a long winter (about 4 months of summer I believe).

Any of you live up north with a Supra that recommend anything specific? I really don't want to sell the Supra but will need to still use it as a daily driver. I have been thinking maybe I can under coat the under carriage with a all season weather liner perhaps.
I'm in Cheyenne originally from Georgia. Snowfall amounts generally aren't that much around here and melts from the roadway within a day. Just have to watch for the ice buildup. This will be my first winter with the supra but Ive been here for 2 winters with the daily and it has not been that bad.

OP
OP
SupraGR21

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm in Cheyenne originally from Georgia. Snowfall amounts generally aren't that much around here and melts from the roadway within a day. Just have to watch for the ice buildup. This will be my first winter with the supra but Ive been here for 2 winters with the daily and it has not been that bad.
Thanks for the info! I was thinking it snowed like 4ft all the time in winter but that doesn't seem to be it. Did your supra come with under carriage protection from factory or have you thought about doing it so nothing rusts?

Awesome to see someone up there with another supra! :thumbsup:

Lwrthnu

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr supra
Lol I was thinking the same thing when I was getting ready to move here. Around here DOT uses chemically treated sand on the roadways and doesnt seem to be as hard as salt on the vehicles. I think an undercarriage wash once a week and you should be good to go. What part of wyoming are you moving to? There are 3 Supras here in Cheyenne.

OP
OP
SupraGR21

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol I was thinking the same thing when I was getting ready to move here. Around here DOT uses chemically treated sand on the roadways and doesnt seem to be as hard as salt on the vehicles. I think an undercarriage wash once a week and you should be good to go. What part of wyoming are you moving to? There are 3 Supras here in Cheyenne.
Ill be right in the middle of jackson for my wifes job, didn't realize everything was so expensive so ill be renting for the moment. Ill be resigning from my job here so when we go up there ill have lots of time. Maybe we can all do a cruise some day and take some sweet pics.

OP
OP
SupraGR21

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got the sh*t kicked out of me in Cheyenne once.
dam that sucks! Taures always has my back, hes a really good friend of mine and can take 6 people down for me.

Lwrthnu

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr supra
Ill be right in the middle of jackson for my wifes job, didn't realize everything was so expensive so ill be renting for the moment. Ill be resigning from my job here so when we go up there ill have lots of time. Maybe we can all do a cruise some day and take some sweet pics.
Yeah Jackson is an expensive little town but its cool place to visit. They keep the roads plowed pretty good from what ive seen on webcams

OP
OP
SupraGR21

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah Jackson is an expensive little town but its cool place to visit. They keep the roads plowed pretty good from what ive seen on webcams
Please tell me we don’t have to have front plates on the car ?

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Please tell me we don’t have to have front plates on the car ?
Front plates are not required if the car doesn't have a front plate mount. So the supra doesn't need one. If you are living in Jackson weather can be very unpredictable. It is a beautiful area, but not my crowd you could say.

Edit: forgot to mention or plates here go off msrp and a special formula. Not sure if your state has cheap plates or not but my plates cost almost 1k for this year.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
This means there are 3 or 4 members now on this forum that live in Wyoming. I'm in gillette.

OP
OP
SupraGR21

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Front plates are not required if the car doesn't have a front plate mount. So the supra doesn't need one. If you are living in Jackson weather can be very unpredictable. It is a beautiful area, but not my crowd you could say.

Edit: forgot to mention or plates here go off msrp and a special formula. Not sure if your state has cheap plates or not but my plates cost almost 1k for this year.
I'm trying to see if I can keep my cars title in GA since if i ever move back they will charge me 7% of msrp to re register them, robbery. Just wonder if the police will have a problem with me driving around with GA plates. Not the crowed as in rude? please let me know what to expect, this is a huge change for us and we would love all the insights possible to prepare. We wouldn't want to do things that people there hate and then feel unwelcomed.

OP
OP
SupraGR21

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This means there are 3 or 4 members now on this forum that live in Wyoming. I'm in gillette.
I looked up all the cities where we're at and its sooooo far ? hopefully we can all meet in the middle or something.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Who the heck willingly moves to Wyoming? that's one of the states I forget even exist lol.
The state is beautiful if you live in the right areas. It doesn't have a state tax and property tax is very low. Granted, because the war on fossil fuels things are going to change rapidly in this state since a few years ago we got over 1 billion in tax revenue just from fossil fuels.
Sponsored