I may have been swindled? 2J Racing Complaint (Resolved) (Owner Joe Ippolito)

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
When I saw the dyno I knew it was fake. I have that same dyno downloaded from Fuel-It Z4. Another thing to keep in mind was the dyno base power with catless dp at 399whp would never be the same for a 2020 3.0 with catless dp. It would probably be 340-350hp stock tune on a 2020 2 port, and I'm glad I know the name of the shop so I can avoid them.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I know it sucks, but cut your losses from this shop and dont bring your car back. Go with Jessie if you are going to stay JB4 or get EcuTek and one of the "big 3" tuners on it and don't look back.

But for real, don't go back to that shop.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
@OP -- I'm having a small mk5 get together at a shop in Roswell around lunch. LMK if you want to swing by and meet some locals.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
OP, do not step foot back into that shop. I would file a credit card dispute if they do not refund and report to BBB and various other review platforms. They knew exactly what they were doing and are trying to back pedal and play stupid, everything they sent you would take an intentional effort to fake/ photoshop, and they deceived you intentionally. This type of stuff makes my blood boil, they very clearly took advantage of you; while I do think it is super important to do as much research as possible before modifying your car, I understand that we all start somewhere, and while you should definitely do more research in the future ( reach out to people on the forums and actually sponsored vendors who are vetted and known) this was not your fault but you should be getting 100% of your money back and have @Jesse DaBears handle the custom tune, when playing with custom tune it is very important that is done right or else you risk serious engine damage. I hope everything works out as well as it can and feel free to reach out anytime via dm if you have any questions or concerns.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Here is an easy way to get you your refund. They said they tuned the car correct? If so send a screen shot of your user adjustments. If its 0's for boost 50 for duty bias they didnt touch anything and spent "17 runs on the dyno" running the OTS maps? SMH

If your user adjustments are blank tell them to email me so I can explain to them how the JB4 works and the custom mappings [email protected]

OP
OP

DrMaryStone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
OP, do not step foot back into that shop. I would file a credit card dispute if they do not refund and report to BBB and various other review platforms. They knew exactly what they were doing and are trying to back pedal and play stupid, everything they sent you would take an intentional effort to fake/ photoshop, and they deceived you intentionally. This type of stuff makes my blood boil, they very clearly took advantage of you; while I do think it is super important to do as much research as possible before modifying your car, I understand that we all start somewhere, and while you should definitely do more research in the future ( reach out to people on the forums and actually sponsored vendors who are vetted and known) this was not your fault but you should be getting 100% of your money back and have @Jesse DaBears handle the custom tune, when playing with custom tune it is very important that is done right or else you risk serious engine damage. I hope everything works out as well as it can and feel free to reach out anytime via dm if you have any questions or concerns.
I appreciate the advice and I think the general consensus is to not go back to the shop. That is what I'm doing moving forward and I will stop all communications with 2J.

One thing I would like everyone to know is that I do not want a witch hunt. I am not saying that is happening or will happen but my initial motivation to post here was to gain a better understanding so that I could defend myself when communicating to Joe (2j). Unfortunately a lot more things were uncovered during the process and it sort of snow balled.

For me to lose 1100$ is not that big of a deal. I am not trying to sound pretentious but at this point it is water under the bridge. I appreciate everyone's involvement in assisting me through this process and I will not forget the support this community gave me. I hope to one day pay it forward as I continue to learn more.

This will be my last post in this thread. I will respond to any personal PM's if people come across this in the future and have questions.

Thanks everyone!

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I appreciate the advice and I think the general consensus is to not go back to the shop. That is what I'm doing moving forward and I will stop all communications with 2J.

One thing I would like everyone to know is that I do not want a witch hunt. I am not saying that is happening or will happen but my initial motivation to post here was to gain a better understanding so that I could defend myself when communicating to Joe (2j). Unfortunately a lot more things were uncovered during the process and it sort of snow balled.

For me to lose 1100$ is not that big of a deal. I am not trying to sound pretentious but at this point it is water under the bridge. I appreciate everyone's involvement in assisting me through this process and I will not forget the support this community gave me. I hope to one day pay it forward as I continue to learn more.

This will be my last post in this thread. I will respond to any personal PM's if people come across this in the future and have questions.

Thanks everyone!
Why don't you just run a charge back. You have evidence of fraud. I wouldn't be passive in this situation. You're not helping anyone by letting them keep the money.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Why don't you just run a charge back. You have evidence of fraud. I wouldn't be passive in this situation. You're not helping anyone by letting them keep the money.
Yea, I'm gonna agree. You HAVE evidence of fraud and would get yr money back. I know people in the tuner/parts business, and people are scum and do chargebacks to be deceitful and get their money back all the time. They do chargebacks at the slightest inconvenience, and unfortunately the customers(who are scamming) usually win. I don't agree with that crap and feel for the business owners who have to deal with idiots that do chargebacks for no reason. However, in your case, it's 100% warranted. Don't let these guys off easy with robbing you.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Leaving your money with them just gives them further incentive to scam and allows them to operate longer and scam more people. Not only is it weak to just take it, you're almost certainly actively hurting others. Do the right thing, press a few buttons on your phone for a chargeback, and get the money out of their account.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
@DrMaryStone
// offtopic:
Looks like you're using your work laptop/email for personal matters. Usually it's frowned upon or gray area by companies.. FYI.
I hate that O365 Admin adds [EXTERNAL] to subject line. Luckily wrote a macro that fixes it and adds a category named EXT to the emails instead and added conditional formatting that changes color of subject line to green.
Another thing I hated on a daily basis: FW: fwd: RE: R: AW: 回复: 회신하다: . Some I fixed, some Outlook is just annoying. Can't fix Chinese and Korean at the same time. grrr. Why can't MS distinguish/interpret reply/forward/automated response from different languages and just replace with English. Yo MS use some of them AI you got.
//rant off

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Here is an easy way to get you your refund. They said they tuned the car correct? If so send a screen shot of your user adjustments. If its 0's for boost 50 for duty bias they didnt touch anything and spent "17 runs on the dyno" running the OTS maps? SMH

If your user adjustments are blank tell them to email me so I can explain to them how the JB4 works and the custom mappings [email protected]
My user adjustment settings just say this, is this right?
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 09.31.02.png