OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
so your statements are contradicting. You post a thread asking about the ams alpha turbo kit and asking about the reliablity of it but now say the kit has reliable parts and have a preference to them. And the pure800 is garbage. I am assuming you ran Pure on your previous builds before and have a ton of experience with them?

it seems like you made up your mind and donā€™t need any help or recommendationā€¦: thread closed! :)
so your statements are contradicting. You post a thread asking about the ams alpha turbo kit and asking about the reliablity of it but now say the kit has reliable parts and have a preference to them. And the pure800 is garbage. I am assuming you ran Pure on your previous builds before and have a ton of experience with them?

it seems like you made up your mind and donā€™t need any help or recommendationā€¦: thread closed! :)
The thread is about the ams kit and if anyone has had experience with it as well as recommendations of other kit.

The pure 800 is made from the oem turbo compared to the Ams and other kits which utilize Garret turbos and other brands and im just more of a fan of that. My money my choice of partsšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I also never called the pure 800 trash simply just said Iā€™m not a fan and I like the reliability of Garret turbos as well as pte and other brands so please do not add words that I did not say. Even ZRK said my choice of not doing the 800 is fair.

and the point of the thread was to learn abt the ams turbo kit and maybe some alternatives. Ifsomething like the p2uned or boost logic kit is better then Iā€™d gladly go with them.

I also talked about the simplicity of the ams kit but never said that I cared whether the install was simple or not as I will have a pro shop do this for me.

Iā€™m here to learn not be criticized so if your input isnā€™t helpful then why even post it

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
im not a huge fan of the pure800. Plus most of the other kits come with some very reliable parts so I have a preference to them
Iā€™m looking to get between 650-700 whp

I know I have to upgrade the transmission but I want to do other components first before jumping down that rabbit hole.

most of the turbo kits I saw and like were around 6-7k so I guess Iā€™m somewhere around that for a kit.
My two cents but If I had done this all over again, I would have invested in the transmission first before the big major upgrades. The downtime for the trans rebuild sucks but once you get that over with, you can go hard on the build.

My shit was slipping with just a downpipe, tune and E50 and I found out the hard way when I went pure800 and was pushing some numbers and my trans kept going right into drivetrain malfunction mode.

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
The thread is about the ams kit and if anyone has had experience with it as well as recommendations of other kit.

The pure 800 is made from the oem turbo compared to the Ams and other kits which utilize Garret turbos and other brands and im just more of a fan of that. My money my choice of partsšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I also never called the pure 800 trash simply just said Iā€™m not a fan and I like the reliability of Garret turbos as well as pte and other brands so please do not add words that I did not say. Even ZRK said my choice of not doing the 800 is fair.

and the point of the thread was to learn abt the ams turbo kit and maybe some alternatives. Ifsomething like the p2uned or boost logic kit is better then Iā€™d gladly go with them.

I also talked about the simplicity of the ams kit but never said that I cared whether the install was simple or not as I will have a pro shop do this for me.

Iā€™m here to learn not be criticized so if your input isnā€™t helpful then why even post it
FYI, I'm covering the GMS Turbo Kit progress in another thread. Utilizes Garrett Turbos if thats what you are looking for.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/gms-2020-g600-turbo-kit-progress-thread.14170/#post-212143

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
My two cents but If I had done this all over again, I would have invested in the transmission first before the big major upgrades. The downtime for the trans rebuild sucks but once you get that over with, you can go hard on the build.

My shit was slipping with just a downpipe, tune and E50 and I found out the hard way when I went pure800 and was pushing some numbers and my trans kept going right into drivetrain malfunction mode.
Ah I see thanks for the info.

Pure solutions has come out with a stage 0 upgrade and Iā€™m kind of interested in that.

did you upgrade the converter as well or no?

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
Why not go with the CTS turbo? Seems much more affordable for your goals. Shoot me a DM and we can go over some options if interested.

Bottom line... id look past the ams kit though.
Oh damn is there that big of an issue with the ams kit? Never knew

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey man! I support your Go To turbo kit which is AMS. Whats good about it is they integrated the OEM E wastegate. Thats a good plus on turbo kit which can be set in while tuning. Compare to some other kit with regular wastegate they are controlled by springs and you would have to change them always to change boost psi. Now with E wastegate, you can still pretty much use most stockish supra stuff like burble tune, map switch etc.

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If youā€™re following AMS you know their quality is one of the best and theyā€™re not afraid of making thousands of WHP on other chassis too! GTRā€™s, R8ā€™s Infinities etc etc.

Though there are other turbo kits in market too it depends on your budget.
CTS Turbo kit, pure turbo etc

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
If youā€™re following AMS you know their quality is one of the best and theyā€™re not afraid of making thousands of WHP on other chassis too! GTRā€™s, R8ā€™s Infinities etc etc.

Though there are other turbo kits in market too it depends on your budget.
CTS Turbo kit, pure turbo etc
AMS definitely makes quality products but you have to admit they hit it a bit hard with the supra tax for what the kit is.

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
AMS definitely makes quality products but you have to admit they hit it a bit hard with the supra tax for what the kit is.
I think itā€™s the German car tax because parts for my g82 are outrageous šŸ˜­