JB Plus Quick Install Tuner?

directmk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 1997 Porsche Boxster, 2016 Audi S6
Currious if anyone has any experience with the JB Plus Quick Install Tuner on their B58? Any pros or cons, or long term side effects to be concerned with? Anyone dyno theirs post the JB Plus Quick Install Tuner, if so what was the HP gain?
Sponsored

OP
OP
directmk

directmk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
go with a jb4
Considering that as well, but since my car is brand new, I did not want to have to disconnect all that wiring everytime I took it back to the dealership for the scheduled maintenance that comes with the purchase of the car. - don't need them to notice the jb4 and void my warranty...I assume that might happen.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Currious if anyone has any experience with the JB Plus Quick Install Tuner on their B58? Any pros or cons, or long term side effects to be concerned with? Anyone dyno theirs post the JB Plus Quick Install Tuner, if so what was the HP gain?
I too would like to know the gains because all information that I have found is based on 2020.

OP
OP
directmk

directmk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wtf is a warranty?
well your profile says you drive an old a$$ camry, so I can understand why you would know nothing about a warranty. :lol:

For future reference and when you are able to afford a new car, a warranty is:
a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
I have it. Picked up a used one for $100. worth it , not sure of the gain but def can feel it on the butt dyno. from a 35 roll on stock tires the car would slightly brake loose, after putting the jb plus on 35 roll punch....useless. Now Im on 305 out back and it still kicks out but then grabs and goes. Even at retails price its worth the money in my opinion to step up from stock a little but you'll also get bored of it soon I'm sure.

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
I installed the JB+ back in Nov - no official dyno but the "butt" dyno says it makes a difference. No issues with it thus far. I used to mod all my cars (mustangs usually of various vintages from 66/69's to 2008/2010 GT500 and most recently (before the supra) a '17 GT350. However - not interested in doing any major performance mods to the Supra. The few extra HP are nice but as someone pointed out - if you are into modifying your car - this won't scratch the itch for long. The good thing is you can purchase and trade it in (within a year of purchase) on a JB4 setup.

OP
OP
directmk

directmk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I installed the JB+ back in Nov - no official dyno but the "butt" dyno says it makes a difference. No issues with it thus far. I used to mod all my cars (mustangs usually of various vintages from 66/69's to 2008/2010 GT500 and most recently (before the supra) a '17 GT350. However - not interested in doing any major performance mods to the Supra. The few extra HP are nice but as someone pointed out - if you are into modifying your car - this won't scratch the itch for long. The good thing is you can purchase and trade it in (within a year of purchase) on a JB4 setup.
Thanks for the feedback, thats what I am looking for, some honest feedback from folks who have used the setup and thier expeirence with it.

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the feedback, thats what I am looking for, some honest feedback from folks who have used the setup and thier expeirence with it.
You're most welcome - keep us posted on what you decide - It's a great car (IMHO) regardless of what you do..... :)

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Just got mine today! Going to take it out for a drive tomorrow. That single plug is tough to separate, get a hand on the clip and a little screwdriver on the backside to help ease it off the sensor! Will report back in a few days.
Sponsored