local dealer quoted $1500 for alignment!?

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
That brings the question do you guys go to toyota for any maintenance work like oil changes or they should be avoided as much as possible like the plague
I got a service contract till 72k (service every 10k) for around 1700 usd. Which I see is a fair price. All services on them of course I dont pay anything and warranty goes till 100k comes free with the car. This is in the U.A.E. I saw some people complaining about their service because you know its a bmw in a Toyota service center, but until now I dont see it as a bad thing.
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
I got a service contract till 72k (service every 10k) for around 1700 usd. Which I see is a fair price. All services on them of course I dont pay anything and warranty goes till 100k comes free with the car. This is in the U.A.E. I saw some people complaining about their service because you know its a bmw in a Toyota service center, but until now I dont see it as a bad thing.
Based on years of everyone experience and what i seen from Toyota dealerships I believe your average Toyota dealership would handle these cars terribly. Due to the fact this isnt your common Toyota from their rest of their line ups and your average dealership is run by clueless people lol. Remember a customer knows more about the car he wants than the dealership salesman😂. They hire any fool just the same to be a “certified” technician. Im curious if anyone actually goes to bmw for their work lmaoo

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Based on years of everyone experience and what i seen from Toyota dealerships I believe your average Toyota dealership would handle these cars terribly. Due to the fact this isnt your common Toyota from their rest of their line ups and your average dealership is run by clueless people lol. Remember a customer knows more about the car he wants than the dealership salesman😂. They hire any fool just the same to be a “certified” technician. Im curious if anyone actually goes to bmw for their work lmaoo
Well they do have these “certified” technician in only 2 locations in the U.A.E two in Dubai and two in Abu dhabi. I'm not from either places so it's a pain in the ass to drive for hour and half to drop off my car and an hour and half back and few days later go back and do the same thing. I got another bmw at home, the dealership is close and I jokingly said to one of the guys that work their that I'm going to bring my supra here for a service, which he told me you can lmao. I know some people who got terrible service from the Toyota dealership and when I say terrible it was terrible. Me so far I have yet to see anything, but my service where for oil changes only so coming services will show if it is terrible or not.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
For simple maintenance items Toyota dealerships will have a tech who can do it. Anything else needs race shop or BMW dealership to take care of it.

Evilpenguinking

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Mines on lowering springs and also has a lip kit. So I couldn’t even get it into a Toyota dealership, said it was too low and I needed to find somewhere with an alignment pit. Found a place locally that does nothing but alignments. Paid $90 and took them about 3 hours. Couldn’t be happier with the results and the price.

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
This just blows my mind. I worked in shops for 15 years, and worked on everything that rolled in. If something did baffle me, I’d from the book and go sit in the break room for a bit and read up. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Honda civic or a Porsche gt3, the information is out there, and aside from some specialty tools off the snap-on truck, a car is a car. We only rolled cars over to the dealerships if we needed to reset a module we couldn’t access due to lockouts or not having a specialty controller etc. the glazed over look I keep hearing people report at Toyota dealerships confuses the hell out of me.

RaceReX

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium, 2009 SRF
lol $1500 and two weeks. I do these in my garage and it takes under an hour. Like others have said, find a local performance shop.
Bryan, which strings and camber gear do you use?

I used to use a custome string set up tool for my race cars with a smart camber, so the stings won’t transfer over to the Supra.

any help you give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
so I won't mention any names but I recently installed some springs and got 2 new tires for the rear so an aligment was in order.
the 2nd dealership I went to said I would need to do the 30k maintenance in order to get an alignment cuss I need some kind of inspection in order to proceed with the alignment.. my car has 20k..
decided to try my luck again at a different dealer and after waiting 4 hours I was told the front alignment was fine but as he said "here's the bad news" the rear needs work. he said the mechanic explained to him that the rear alignment for our cars take a lot of work and he would need to order new bolts and a tool that they need to borrow from toyota in order to do the alignment.
cost was quoted at $1500 and they would need my car for 2 weeks..
wtf is that all about?
I too have a similar story with my dealership. They quoted me $600 for the alignment. 😖
They said it takes 4 hours to perform. Really?
And, the local BMW dealer said they aren't allowed to work on Supras. đŸ˜ĄđŸ€Ź

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I too have a similar story with my dealership. They quoted me $600 for the alignment. 😖
They said it takes 4 hours to perform. Really?
And, the local BMW dealer said they aren't allowed to work on Supras. đŸ˜ĄđŸ€Ź
Aha! Proof that Supra's are indeed NOT just BMWs!!!! Lol

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I took my new 2.0 in for 3 alignments when it was new. They STILL COULD not get the car aligned properly, the wheel was still off center a little. They need to sign out the BMW tool to do the alignment. Next time I will take it to BMW shop for the alignment. Toyota tech do not like working on these cars at all it seems. I won't flame the Toyota dealer in Florence, KY online though. Have never returned, nor will I ever.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I took my new 2.0 in for 3 alignments when it was new. They STILL COULD not get the car aligned properly, the wheel was still off center a little. In their words, " the paddle shifters make it look off center"., lmao. They need to sign out the BMW tool to do the alignment, they don't have the tool at each dealer. Next time I will take it to BMW shop for the alignment. Toyota tech do not like working on these cars at all it seems. I won't flame the Toyota dealer in Florence, KY online though. Have never returned, nor will I ever.

OP
OP
Mkva90

Mkva90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90
That brings the question do you guys go to toyota for any maintenance work like oil changes or they should be avoided as much as possible like the plague
well I inquired about the same oil change and alignment from 3 dealerships and got 3 completely different answers. 2 of the 3 quoting at 1500 or more. that sure says something about where their heads are at.

I guess it depends on how you drive your car. if your not doing any hot boy $hit I'd at least take toyota up on the 2 free oil changes. lol keep in mind though they use a very thin oil which may better be replaced with something thicker. gna run royal purple 5w 30 full syn. personally.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I've only been to the dealership for a couple things. Battery diagnostic, and brake recall. I didn't use the free oil changes since I wanted to use my own 5W30.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
For that cost you could buy a set of Paco Motorsports Hubstands, a jack, jack stand, and an oil service kit.
Sponsored