First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I completely agree, but if I could do the switch I thought I could, then I would by a flame map, which of course should only be used in specific situations..
Get a custom tune for whatever you want
Sponsored

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Bugger, had hoped my car being one or the early models (Sept 2019) a DME unlock wouldn't be required :(

Has anyone tried the new MHD DIY unlock feature? Any feedback as a home DIY?

Screenshot_20240205-183945.png

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Bugger, had hoped my car being one or the early models (Sept 2019) a DME unlock wouldn't be required :(

Has anyone tried the new MHD DIY unlock feature? Any feedback as a home DIY?

Screenshot_20240205-183945.png

By that ROM ID you had the dealer update does. So that requires a bench unlock before you can flash.

The at home unlocker works. You just need to buy the hardware from www.bimecu.com

And then the mhd license.

Or you can use our mail in service for unlock. For $175+shipping

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Thanks for the advice.

So $299 for the cable. Need to see how much UK unlock is, car is in the UK. Good to know the unlock feature is part of the flash license now.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Thanks for the advice.

So $299 for the cable, is there an additional license, of just the MHD flasher which I'll be buying anyway? Off to their website now.
Should just be the flasher license iirc.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I just ventured, after a year of JB4, to the MHD side of things and i’ve been really happy with the results.

Some real world dyno results playing with a few options and here is what I found works best.
Current mods 2020 unlocked DME:

Kanji Garage catless DP
Injen CAI/Charge pipes
Dinan Turbo inlet
AFE touring exhaust
E30 MIx

We started with the Stage 2 OtS E40 tune for some reason the E30 map in there instructions is not there anymore. I imagine you can set this as a custom setting in one of the map switch settings.

Car dyno’d 426rwhp/505rwtq on the OTS map. Super safe, very clean curve and really really smooth. Car made good power and drove like stock just more power.

Since I had the JB4 already we opted for trying the backend flash from Burger Motorsports with the JB4 together. This was about 18psi‘ish
460rwhp/505rwtq super clean graph as well and very smooth And more power all around then just the OTS map. So we gained 34rwhp over the MHD OTS maps.

Since then Terry has been helping me refine the backend flash and a custom Map 6 with some options we have been testing. We did find an issue with the original file on JB4tech and that has been fixed (if anyone goes this route don’t use the Race file on JB4 tech it needs updaing)

Based on what i see in the logs now it’s running about 23psi vs 18 (18 made 460rwhp) this new combo, fingers crossed should get me to 480-500rwhp based on what we see but i’ll know more when i can get back to they dyno again.

The nice part of running JB4 with the MHD is we can really fine tune boost and some other options on the fly without having a custom tuner rewrite the file. The car drives awesome and just runs like beast. To be that close to 500rwhp with just some basic mods for me is great.

For a comparison the car on only 12psi made 350rwhp which for a 2020 is about stock boost level maybe a tick more. This was with the JB4 set to Map 0 and just the DME running the show, the BEF doesn’t have additional boost programmed into from my understanding as it leaves that to the JB4 so should be a close representation of stock power with bolt-ons. Almost 150hp at the wheels more now is pretty good and the tune looks super clean and safe.

Just a thought from what i’ve read and the tuners on here the MHD and JB4 combo is a beast. Next up Flex Fuel Analyzer so I can dial in the mix

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Starting to get worried about the release date of MHD+ with femto.

They’re telling me “soon”, but it was 18 months of “soon” for the first release. I’m wondering if this really is around the corner.

#twoweeks

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Starting to get worried about the release date of MHD+ with femto.

They’re telling me “soon”, but it was 18 months of “soon” for the first release. I’m wondering if this really is around the corner.

#twoweeks

i wouldnt get all nervous or whatever.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
have you heard something?
Yeah, he heard it will be no longer than two weeks or my name isn't Alexander William Mufasa Ulysses Jefferson Benoit Augustine Bartholomew Lorenzo Harrison Eric Cleveland Von Bushwick.

Two weeks.gif

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Let me know if you have anymore questions

honestly speaking MHD+ has a good amount of things under the hood that BM3 and even ecutek dont have aside from much better port injection control than BM3

there are in fact some things under the hood that MHD+ has that no other platform has.
If my car is manual, upgraded turbo and upgraded DI only.

What are these under the hood advantages that MHD has over BM3 with a custom tune?

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Do you need to have multimap enabled to be able to control the exhaust valves?

On the Supra is it the BC button or the LIM\SET buttons?

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
I think you do have to have multi map flashed to control exhaust valve. You hold BC to get in to the MHD+ menu, then short presses of BC to go through the different options. It’s then the little thumb wheel on the left side of the steering wheel to change maps or open/close the exhaust valve.

Dan
Sponsored