MSS vs HKS Springs.

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
Hey guys,

I am looking between buying HKS or MSS lowering adjustable springs as I want to lower it once i get new 19 inch wheels for the car.
I know most people run HKS but that MSS is very popular in the BMW M cars.

Does anyone have any suggestions between the two that I should go for?

Would really appreciate any feed back

Thanks
Sponsored

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
DSG told me MSS is a better product due to the dual spring configuration. It's only a slight increase in price as well.

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
gotcha im not too worried about price, I just have the hks in mind since it was designed and developed for the supra by hks

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I've had MSS on my BMW before and was a big fan, but i've also heard nothing but positive thinks about the HKS for this platform.

If not too worried about price, have you considered KW V3 coilovers? Those are always my go to.

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
I dont wanna do coilovers because I wanna keep the electronic dampening system on the car just want to lower it a bit. Kw definitely go to coils though!

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
I just received a set that I purchased from another forum member. I plan on installing them sometime next week and Iā€™ll post about my impressions on here if youā€™re still curious. MSS has a bunch of videos on YouTube that explain the function of and reasoning behind their design. Iā€™d encourage you to check them out if you havenā€™t already.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
If you looking to keep electronic dampening then look at the KW DDC coil overs. Itā€™s a plug and play electronic dampening coil overs.
I agree, this post should not be ignored.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Was taking a closer look at the MSS and I like how they sandwiched the adjustable perch between the springs. This makes accessing the perch easier and can be adjusted without having to disassemble the rear and remove the perch for adjusting height, like you have to with HKS.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
You may lose the benefit of the extra front wheel clearance at the bottom of the spring if you go with the MSS style:

1651268203509.png
1651268323508.png

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
I just received a set that I purchased from another forum member. I plan on installing them sometime next week and Iā€™ll post about my impressions on here if youā€™re still curious. MSS has a bunch of videos on YouTube that explain the function of and reasoning behind their design. Iā€™d encourage you to check them out if you havenā€™t already.
Yes any info helps.

To me both look good and have well thought out designs just wanted to know how people feel about each one to help me make a decision.

So many nice parts and im very indecisive haha

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yes any info helps.

To me both look good and have well thought out designs just wanted to know how people feel about each one to help me make a decision.

So many nice parts and im very indecisive haha
Do your prefer adjusting height without taking out the rear perch? MSS is for you.
Sponsored