Official A90 Supra life cycle thread: updates, new variants, 2026 final model year?

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 GR Supra, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
Haha.. I just don't like automatics.. but I also don't feel the need to advertise what transmission I use to the general public. :crazy:

And I think you will also agree that it's fucked up how people like to say they drive a Supra MT as opposed to a Supra in their profiles, lol. Although my favourite segregation in this community is when 45th Anniversary owners like to differentiate themselves from regular Supras.. because we're all super jealous of that decal and lame-o wing! I think I changed my profile to say I owned a "44th Anniversary Edition" for a while, but then figured 45th owners might think it was just a typo. 😅

I honestly have nothing against other people driving automatics, it's just not for me. Besides, it's fun to talk shit from time time, espcially when we're all adults who can take a joke. 😇
Haha 2 yrs ago before you or I had a manual Supra, we both probably have multiple replies/comments on this forum sounding like bonehead manual trans evangelists. I’ll still say MT drivers are a different breed in the Supra community, but as a consolation, the automatic track dedicated Supra’s are on another level and I love to see their builds that they share and envy them the most on this forum.

I’ll admit with MT in my profile, it’s definitely me signally my inner corvette spirit child in me.
Sponsored

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Haha 2 yrs ago before you or I had a manual Supra, we both probably have multiple replies/comments on this forum sounding like bonehead manual trans evangelists. I’ll still say MT drivers are a different breed in the Supra community, but as a consolation, the automatic track dedicated Supra’s are on another level and I love to see their builds that they share and envy them the most on this forum.

I’ll admit with MT in my profile, it’s definitely me signally my inner corvette spirit child in me.
Wear it like a badge of honor! The time will come for you to start wearing the white New Balance.

6mt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 6mt. Triumph TR6, Triumph GT6,
Well I agree with most of your thoughts. Cars have been badged for years to distinguish between them so nothing new there. Get a white Tesla if you want to hide. I had no idea this badge would cause a disturbance in the force. I just identified the Supra as a great car two months ago and got this one. In the end this car from my perspective is the best manual out there in 2024. The 911T,Z, 718 and the M2 were all considered. I spent a week with both the 2022 911T and the new M2. Both manuals. Supra runs circles around them for the fun factor. For me the tight fit is the cool factor!
No bad days here.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Is it a shameful upbadge if we swap a black badge to a red one on a regular MT? Lol

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Is it a shameful upbadge if we swap a black badge to a red one on a regular MT? Lol
As an A91 6MT owner, do whatever floats your boat. Just make sure the red doesn't look orange or some off color lol

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was planning to do the same thing, but everywhere I look online it's out of stock / discontinued.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Its not like honda where people throw the type R badge on literally any honda vehicle and call it “ honda red badge”. The type R always have a different engine than any other honda vehicle and rightfully so should have its own badge. Here all 3.0 supras have the same exact engine and same performance so it doesn’t mean anything if you put a red badge cause you literally have the exact same car as the “1/500 chosen by god special edition“ people despite what they blindly wanna believe.

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I was planning to do the same thing, but everywhere I look online it's out of stock / discontinued.
It's not discontinued, but a manual allocation (MAC) part in Toyotaland. The only way to get a genuine one released to you, requires a valid VIN of (a/your) A91-MT, and a legitimate need for replacement. I literally have to send those things in an email to the corporate guys above me before they'll send me one...and they do keep track of the VINs and orders.

There's not many of these badges in the country, usually around 20 at any given time, and Toyota has no desire to sell them to non-owners. It's the same with many TRD PRO parts. They don't want to have to make and store more parts than needed, and also frown on customers trying to clone limited-edition models. It is what it is.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's not discontinued, but a manual allocation (MAC) part in Toyotaland. The only way to get a genuine one released to you, requires a valid VIN of (a/your) A91-MT, and a legitimate need for replacement. I literally have to send those things in an email to the corporate guys above me before they'll send me one...and they do keep track of the VINs and orders.

There's not many of these badges in the country, usually around 20 at any given time, and Toyota has no desire to sell them to non-owners. It's the same with many TRD PRO parts. They don't want to have to make and store more parts than needed, and also frown on customers trying to clone limited-edition models. It is what it is.
That's good to know. Maybe I'll just buy a regular OEM one and attempt to paint myself or find a auto paint shop. Silly I was able order the limited Launch Edition red mirror caps through Toyota no VIN required. I was really hoping to have a 1 of 1 2024 Ren Red Supra with 2020 LE red mirror caps and the 2023 A91-MT red emblem rear Supra badge.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
That's good to know. Maybe I'll just buy a regular OEM one and attempt to paint myself or find a auto paint shop. Silly I was able order the limited Launch Edition red mirror caps through Toyota no VIN required. I was really hoping to have a 1 of 1 2024 Ren Red Supra with 2020 LE red mirror caps and the 2023 A91-MT red emblem rear Supra badge.
Wait for a wrecked one lol

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The only way to get a genuine one released to you, requires a valid VIN of (a/your) A91-MT, and a legitimate need for replacement. I literally have to send those things in an email to the corporate guys above me before they'll send me one...and they do keep track of the VINs and orders.
I wonder how they feel about me having two of the US badge allocation.. in Australia. 😂

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I wonder how they feel about me having two of the US badge allocation.. in Australia. 😂
Not as annoyed at you having them, in relation to annoyance with how you acquired them and who was allegedly doing naughty things

Screenshot 2024-06-03 130825.png

Vinny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Civic si
I can't find the post that stated we will receive news for MY2025 in 2 weeks. Is it this week or next ?