Starting issues

A90alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The car is currently on a E30 blend map and the car is having a tough time starting after sitting for 5+ hours. When the car was on 93 it didn’t have this issue but switching to E30 it’s having issues again since I had this problem before. Any idea as to what is causing the car to take longer to start and choke to start? Also it’s not cold where I am it’s 75°+ so it’s not a weather issue. I’m thinking possible fuel pump also car has only 12k miles
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The car is currently on a E30 blend map and the car is having a tough time starting after sitting for 5+ hours. When the car was on 93 it didn’t have this issue but switching to E30 it’s having issues again since I had this problem before. Any idea as to what is causing the car to take longer to start and choke to start? Also it’s not cold where I am it’s 75°+ so it’s not a weather issue. I’m thinking possible fuel pump also car has only 12k miles
How hard of a time is it having? Like, more than what's typical with ethanol/an ethanol blend?

OP
OP
A90alex

A90alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
How hard of a time is it having? Like, more than what's typical with ethanol/an ethanol blend?
It’s not like cranking for more than 4 seconds but it’s definitely struggling. This afternoon the temp was 85° and it started to crank then stopped for a split second then cranked over and started

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
I’d start with monitoring the pump channels via Ecutek/MHD, etc while cranking.. see if any thing looks funky there.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Doesn't necessarily sound abnormal to me on an ethanol blend.
Sponsored