Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
Well, pick up Saturday turned into "The only mechanic that can map your car just went on vacation and will be back Thursday". Then I get a text today saying that he is in today and the Supra should be ready at 4pm. So I add the car to my insurance, and get a head start on the paperwork with the dealership, and we show up at 4. We waited about 45min before sales came out to tell us that the tech couldn't get the maps to install and the car would not be ready today. Super disappointed to say the very least, and they even asked if I wanted to go ahead and take care of the financing... I am sure they would have LOVED to get my money on the last day of the month, but not until I have a car. The saleswoman asked if I wanted to see it (which I very much did) but I was already so internally livid at the fact that both my wife and I took off of work to go do this last minute, never mind all of the orchestration we had to do to get our 8 year old picked up after school by a family friend, that I declined and told her to just let us know when it is ready. Anyway, just bitching, but faith is completely lost in going back to that dealership for ANY service. Hope they figure out how to use a computer.
Maps like navigation? I picked up mine and I don't think the navigation works (I think screen says to plug in USB when I clicked on the nav), but I don't mind lol. Also reminds me I need to check for my shipping spacers. Car had 5 miles on the ODO when I went for the first test drive.
Sponsored

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Supra / 2007 Mazdaspeed3
Maps like navigation? I picked up mine and I don't think the navigation works (I think screen says to plug in USB when I clicked on the nav), but I don't mind lol. Also reminds me I need to check for my shipping spacers. Car had 5 miles on the ODO when I went for the first test drive.
Yeah, the navigation system. They said he kept trying to upload and it would stall or fail. I'll just rage drive my 17 year old Mazdaspeed3 to get it out of my system. šŸ˜‚

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, the navigation system. They said he kept trying to upload and it would stall or fail. I'll just rage drive my 17 year old Mazdaspeed3 to get it out of my system. šŸ˜‚
Chill man, you'll get your Supra soon. Like for many of the good things that are on this forum, it will come soon in another 2 weeks lol.

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chill man, you'll get your Supra soon. Like for many of the good things that are on this forum, it will come soon in another 2 weeks lol.
Thanks Brotha! Just venting bc it has already been a 1 year and 2 week wait for this, and today was a "hopes up / hopes dashed" kind of day. I absolutely know it will be worth the wait.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Brotha! Just venting bc it has already been a 1 year and 2 week wait for this, and today was a "hopes up / hopes dashed" kind of day. I absolutely know it will be worth the wait.
You're fine since the car is at the dealership, you're just waiting on your dealership's....lack of experience with Supras (same with mine since they didn't activate my nav).

I still have a deposit at a dealership since April 2022, so I think I win lol. Even though I just picked up a MT, I might hold onto that deposit until the end of the year just to see what the 2025 Supra announcements are.

Last edited:

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Damn dude! Thatā€™s no fun. Sorry to hear. Iā€™m sure you will be driving it very soon. Good call on waiting on financing, screw that tactic

The waiting game sucks, I still have no eta on my fi hold at the rail yard so I just kinda gave up on being excited for now but at least I have a vin/car thatā€™s close to the dealer stillā€¦ for now. Whatā€™s another month or 2 when itā€™s been 16 months of waiting lol

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
a vacation to hawaii seems in order.
lots of absolute, strato, nocturnal available...and some discounted $5K. ;)
sorry, no mikan.

5/1/24 UPDATE: ALL supras are now $1.5K below MSRP!
i guess they're really trying to get rid of them now.

5/2/24 UPDATE: 2 supras at $5K below MSRP!
cheaper than my '22 WTF :confused:

5/14/24 UPDATE: 22 supras STILL available.
come and get it boys n girls.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Well, pick up Saturday turned into "The only mechanic that can map your car just went on vacation and will be back Thursday". Then I get a text today saying that he is in today and the Supra should be ready at 4pm. So I add the car to my insurance, and get a head start on the paperwork with the dealership, and we show up at 4. We waited about 45min before sales came out to tell us that the tech couldn't get the maps to install and the car would not be ready today. Super disappointed to say the very least, and they even asked if I wanted to go ahead and take care of the financing... I am sure they would have LOVED to get my money on the last day of the month, but not until I have a car. The saleswoman asked if I wanted to see it (which I very much did) but I was already so internally livid at the fact that both my wife and I took off of work to go do this last minute, never mind all of the orchestration we had to do to get our 8 year old picked up after school by a family friend, that I declined and told her to just let us know when it is ready. Anyway, just bitching, but faith is completely lost in going back to that dealership for ANY service. Hope they figure out how to use a computer.
Damnnnnnnn dudeā€¦. What a suck fest! On the plus side, once itā€™s in your hands, NEVER GO BACK šŸ‘»

At least you know now. We all have stories of how we stupidly sat in the dealership crusty coffee waiting area only to hear excuses of why they couldnā€™t do a damn thing. I havenā€™t used my warrantee or free oil changes even once. I have an independent mechanic that is absolutely fantastic, honest and doesnā€™t waste my time or his. We do this for all our cars now and are much happier.

duke8253

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
Just got something weird on Toyota's inventory search results. The one I have a deposit on was showing ETA 4/22 - 4/28 up till mid last week, then it changed to say 5/6 - 5/12, and last night it changed to say "Vehicle is in build phase". According to my sales rep, the car has been sitting in the regional office (I'm assuming Toyota's own yard of some kind?) waiting for a truck.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Closest I got from search was this post which says it was damaged in transit and Toyota bought it back. Track your Supra Status | Page 15 | SupraMKV - 2020+ Toyota Supra Forum (A90 MKV Generation)

I emailed my sales rep just now, he said he'll look into it, and I quote "Sometimes the updates aren't accurate when they switch around like that and then we'll get another update."

Edit: forgot to mention that the windowsticker link that has been available on the inventory search page is now gone, and the link I saved previously (both from the dealer's website and Toyota's inventory search) shows page not found.

Last edited:

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got something weird on Toyota's inventory search results. The one I have a deposit on was showing ETA 4/22 - 4/28 up till mid last week, then it changed to say 5/6 - 5/12, and last night it changed to say "Vehicle is in build phase". According to my sales rep, the car has been sitting in the regional office (I'm assuming Toyota's own yard of some kind?) waiting for a truck.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Closest I got from search was this post which says it was damaged in transit and Toyota bought it back. Track your Supra Status | Page 15 | SupraMKV - 2020+ Toyota Supra Forum (A90 MKV Generation)

I emailed my sales rep just now, he said he'll look into it, and I quote "Sometimes the updates aren't accurate when they switch around like that and then we'll get another update."

Edit: forgot to mention that the windowsticker link that has been available on the inventory search page is now gone, and the link I saved previously (both from the dealer's website and Toyota's inventory search) shows page not found.
I think you are okay. Looks like a logistical bug to me, and the tracking / logistics at Toyota have been awful in my experience.

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Damnnnnnnn dudeā€¦. What a suck fest! On the plus side, once itā€™s in your hands, NEVER GO BACK šŸ‘»

At least you know now. We all have stories of how we stupidly sat in the dealership crusty coffee waiting area only to hear excuses of why they couldnā€™t do a damn thing. I havenā€™t used my warrantee or free oil changes even once. I have an independent mechanic that is absolutely fantastic, honest and doesnā€™t waste my time or his. We do this for all our cars now and are much happier.
I need to find one of those trusty independent mechanics. FINALLY picked mine up last night! The 1 year / 2 week wait is over.

duke8253

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
I think you are okay. Looks like a logistical bug to me, and the tracking / logistics at Toyota have been awful in my experience.
My sales guy had his GM contact their Toyota rep, and got this:

they had to take some vehicles off the train to be reloaded back onto the train. They found one very small scratch which is apparently being handled at the regional office when it arrives.
So now the question is, should I still take delivery of this one? Is asking for compensation/discounts reasonable? Or should I find another one instead.

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

So now the question is, should I still take delivery of this one? Is asking for compensation/discounts reasonable? Or should I find another one instead.
If it really is just a small scratch, then I would stick with it. If they fix it correctly you will be fine.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd

can your guy help me figure out what happened to mine? Itā€™s just stuck in FI hold and Iā€™d love to know if something more serious happened.

duke8253

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
If it really is just a small scratch, then I would stick with it. If they fix it correctly you will be fine.
Yeah, I told them I'll still take it, since they said it's Toyota's reginal office who found the problem, and they're fixing the problem.

can your guy help me figure out what happened to mine? Itā€™s just stuck in FI hold and Iā€™d love to know if something more serious happened.
I don't think he can. I asked someone who works at another Toyota dealership whether he can use the VIN to check, and he said he can't. Does yours have a window sticker link and/or show ETA on Toyota's inventory search page? Mine used to have both, but since the incident both got removed.
Sponsored