Titan Motorsports Valved Ti Exhaust install notes

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Titan motorsports exhaust did not come with any install docs. This is not my first exhaust install by any means, but hopefully these tips can save the next person some time.

IMG_20240622_081901~3.jpg

- check the number stampings on the clamps. There will be one with a different number than the rest, this is for the downpipe connection.

-discard the exhaust valve motor's heat shield, it won't fit flush onto the provided bracket
-motor bracket does not include any hardware, and unlike the factory bracket does not have threaded holes. You can reuse the 3 OEM motor-to-bracket bolts, but you will need to find matching nuts
-the motor bracket is a separate piece. You will need 2 bolts and nuts to mount it to the exhaust bracket. this will be a smaller size than the motor bolt, and will need to be a socket head to clear

IMG_20240622_090849~2.jpg

-the flapper valve is actuated by a "castle arm" that needs a small bolt and nut. I initially tried to use a cotter pin, but this would cause the "castle" to skew when actuated. Note that there are two holes you can possibly use. From what I can tell, one hole will have the valve very slightly cracked open when in normal mode, presumably to eliminate rattle or maybe provide a little extra volume.
IMG_20240624_074002.jpg

- installing the spring clip will be backwards from how it was from the factory. The half moon side of the clip is too small to fit on the Titan "castle" so you will need to put it on the motor side
IMG_20240624_081456.jpg

- the wiring harness will be able to reach the motor, but you need to Route it over the heat shield. Unbolt this black bolt on the heat shield to make your life easier.

IMG_20240622_085435~2.jpg

-Midpipe will clear the underbrace without spacers if you fiddle around with the fitment. However, its really close to both the brace and the heat shield. I ended up using spacers anyway - the last thing I want is the pipe to vibrate the crap out of the transmission tunnel and armrest. Related tip, use some extra large diameter stainless nuts rather than a stack of washers. Lining up a stack of washers is a pain.

Sound impressions:
When the valve is open it's pretty loud, it basically sounds like any other straight pipe exhaust. However, a singular midpipe somehow eliminates raspiness, even with a catless downpipe. Not sure why, but this is why I specifically picked a system with a singular midpipe.

Closed, the muffler eliminates the low frequency bass drone, but the exhaust sounds identical otherwise.

edit: I found that my camera did capture the sound difference between normal and sport on the highway, but you will need to wear a good headset/earbuds to hear the difference.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Awesome write up. You’re about to save someone’s weekend in the future here.
Which downpipe? Looks great. Seems insanely loud :cool:

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
armytrix catless.

also me during that first cold start:

Next step is denial. ‘I don’t DD the car. It should be fine’ and ‘my neighbors only call the cops once a week. Not everyday’

enjoy it mate

OP
OP
i3igpete

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Nice write up and good sounding exhaust!
Sorry for bugging you for all the dinan videos and then jumping ship 😆. the dinan design is just so weird (3.25 inch primary, 2.5 inch offshoot, 3 inch muffler exit into a 3.25 tip entry...). Whereas the titan is 3.5 everywhere except for the DP connection.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Sorry for bugging you for all the dinan videos and then jumping ship 😆. the dinan design is just so weird (3.25 inch primary, 2.5 inch offshoot, 3 inch muffler exit into a 3.25 tip entry...). Whereas the titan is 3.5 everywhere except for the DP connection.
All good! I love the Dinan exhaust because it's designed with a single exit bias ( that sounds amazing), that offshoot to the muffler is basically for cruising on the highway to quiet down the exhaust tone and basically eliminate the drone.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Sucks that they couldn't provide all the hardware you need at ~2k for an exhaust, but thank you for saving other folks the trouble!!

jmacs_mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Titan motorsports exhaust did not come with any install docs. This is not my first exhaust install by any means, but hopefully these tips can save the next person some time.

IMG_20240622_081901~3.jpg

- check the number stampings on the clamps. There will be one with a different number than the rest, this is for the downpipe connection.

-discard the exhaust valve motor's heat shield, it won't fit flush onto the provided bracket
-motor bracket does not include any hardware, and unlike the factory bracket does not have threaded holes. You can reuse the 3 OEM motor-to-bracket bolts, but you will need to find matching nuts
-the motor bracket is a separate piece. You will need 2 bolts and nuts to mount it to the exhaust bracket. this will be a smaller size than the motor bolt, and will need to be a socket head to clear

IMG_20240622_090849~2.jpg

-the flapper valve is actuated by a "castle arm" that needs a small bolt and nut. I initially tried to use a cotter pin, but this would cause the "castle" to skew when actuated. Note that there are two holes you can possibly use. From what I can tell, one hole will have the valve very slightly cracked open when in normal mode, presumably to eliminate rattle or maybe provide a little extra volume.
IMG_20240624_074002.jpg

- installing the spring clip will be backwards from how it was from the factory. The half moon side of the clip is too small to fit on the Titan "castle" so you will need to put it on the motor side
IMG_20240624_081456.jpg

- the wiring harness will be able to reach the motor, but you need to Route it over the heat shield. Unbolt this black bolt on the heat shield to make your life easier.

IMG_20240622_085435~2.jpg

-Midpipe will clear the underbrace without spacers if you fiddle around with the fitment. However, its really close to both the brace and the heat shield. I ended up using spacers anyway - the last thing I want is the pipe to vibrate the crap out of the transmission tunnel and armrest. Related tip, use some extra large diameter stainless nuts rather than a stack of washers. Lining up a stack of washers is a pain.

Sound impressions:
When the valve is open it's pretty loud, it basically sounds like any other straight pipe exhaust. However, a singular midpipe somehow eliminates raspiness, even with a catless downpipe. Not sure why, but this is why I specifically picked a system with a singular midpipe.

Closed, the muffler eliminates the low frequency bass drone, but the exhaust sounds identical otherwise.

edit: I found that my camera did capture the sound difference between normal and sport on the highway, but you will need to wear a good headset/earbuds to hear the difference.

jmacs_mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Awesome post!! Sure wish I knew where to get a spare tip for this exhaust. If anyone has one please let me know.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
Awesome post!! Sure wish I knew where to get a spare tip for this exhaust. If anyone has one please let me know.
Did you try to email the supplier or seller? Typically they will provide one, probably at a cost but that's your best bet if they aren't listed separately anywhere.

jmacs_mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you try to email the supplier or seller? Typically they will provide one, probably at a cost but that's your best bet if they aren't listed separately anywhere.
Yeah, I tried asking Titan a few times but they never could come up with one.... I think their supplier only builds the exhaust as a complete setup.