Top Mount for Daily

alfi.mke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack MT
Question… and apologies, but I’ve seen people post that for a daily car, a top mount is much more maintenance. How so? I was thinking of a Doc Race kit, is there something else out there that is more plug and play?
Sponsored

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I do not have a top mount, but I will try to answer the question. Typically when someone purchases a top mount 700 rwhp is about the minimum they are shooting for and they have 20K+ to throw at it to get started. This means many components should be upgraded and the probability for vehicle downtime is higher than stock for sure. I can't really think of any significant maintenance difference other than maybe changing oil, plugs, trans and diff fluid more often. That's the easy stuff, it's the trans rebuild, axles, potentially damaging stock engine etc that should be of concern if daily driving.

Everything is kind of plug and play until you start building your engine or fabricating your own turbo kit.

Check out Kern417 on youtube, he has many educational videos you will like.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
There's no more maintenance, really. it depends on how you treat the car, and what turbo you go with.

Something like a little 6466 will be no different than how you drive it now.

The biggest different will be drivability and how the turbo spools. Your tuner will keep you in check with your other modifications.
Sponsored