Water inside tyres !

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
So... it was time to purchase a couple of rear Mich PS5 ( after reading excellent reviews ) i ordered and went to my favorite tyre fitter ... whilst we was fitting he called me over ... and showed me that each tyre inside had at least a cup full of water in them . I hadn't had any punctures or repairs and apart from the occasional check on pressures had not added any air from new.

He said he had seen this on a few supras and suspected that the tyres were rain soaked when fitted to the rim from new. he said it would throw off balancing especially if frozen and settling at the bottom of the tyre.

He cleaned out all the water from the rim and fitted new tyre and balanced.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So... it was time to purchase a couple of rear Mich PS5 ( after reading excellent reviews ) i ordered and went to my favorite tyre fitter ... whilst we was fitting he called me over ... and showed me that each tyre inside had at least a cup full of water in them . I hadn't had any punctures or repairs and apart from the occasional check on pressures had not added any air from new.

He said he had seen this on a few supras and suspected that the tyres were rain soaked when fitted to the rim from new. he said it would throw off balancing especially if frozen and settling at the bottom of the tyre.

He cleaned out all the water from the rim and fitted new tyre and balanced.
The old tires had water inside or your new tires? All of them? Regardless, that’s definitely odd! I live in the subtropics, my car lives in rain water & soaked roads. Never heard of this. 🤷‍♂️