What Pisses You Off The MOST About Modern Car Culture?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I also hate the street shutdown bs. There were several intersections shut down in our town recently. It ended in a lot of arrests (mostly ppl from out of town). It makes us all look bad plus I have car/motorcycle fanatic cousins who happen to be cops and had to respond to help disperse the crowd. They have more than enough to deal with on weekend nights between drunks and all the other normal weekend shi# they already have to deal with.
No real car guys I know would be found within ten miles of a 'takeover event.' Those clowns are the single biggest cancer of the American car scene, and I have a very hard time feeling sorry for anyone injured or killed attending and/or participating in such nonsense.

If Jersey barriers and reinforced chain-link fences are needed to protect the spectators from PROFESSIONAL drift racers, why the hell would you stand anywhere near complete amateurs with all of 79 seconds of lifetime experience in such an activity, and zero protection from when it goes wrong?!
Sponsored

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
One guy walking his dog came up to me in my driveway as I was cleaning my car as he mentions "Now that's a bad a** car there" Me: Thanks man! Him: "Now they're manufactured in the U.S by Toyota." Me: No, its mostly a BMW with a BMW engine made in Austria. "Him, really!?" (surprised & confused). Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP

M4-NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G82 M4
One guy walking his dog came up to me in my driveway as I was cleaning my car as he mentions "Now that's a bad a** car there" Me: Thanks man! Him: "Now they're manufactured in the U.S by Toyota." Me: No, its actually a BMW with a BMW engine made in Austria. "Him, really!?" (surprised & confused). Lol.
That dude definitely didn't sleep that night

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
People bragging about their new cars “spec”, or onlookers gushing about the “spec” based on only a picture with no info regarding mechanical options. That isn’t the full spec of a car. Which leads me to the real source of my annoyance: Appearances mattering above all else. I see a lot of this with Porsches, but of course plenty of other makes as well.

CortC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT
Social Media…

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I don't really consider those "street takeover" types as actual "car guys". Sure they might be "guys" in "cars", but they never strike me as actually being all that into their cars. More like the cars are simply a thing they can use to show off and be a nuisance. And if they slam it into a parked car, pedestrians, or a light pole they don't really care they'll just go find a different one. Saying they are "car guys" is like saying the whackadoos that shoot guns up into the sky on New Years are "gun guys".

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
the downfall of car culture was when being a car enthusiast became mainstream. everyone is into cars. car meets now have a mix of true enthusiasts, nerds, and sensitive egos

LanceW

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm in South Carolina where squatty trucks are EVERYWHERE (Myrtle Beach). The scariest thing is that a lot of them can't see over the hood to even drive them. We've had quite a few come into the shop that actually drive using a front mounted camera hooked to the radio.

OP
OP

M4-NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G82 M4
Car meets sucked 20 years ago and they still suck.

Get off my lawn.
Yes.....but, at least 20 years ago the biggest concern was not blowing the welds on your intake with a 200 shot of NOS.

Now, you have to be careful not to get run down by morons in a boat based on a 20+ year old LX platform doing donuts as if it's their mating ritual.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
The online community is by far the worst part.

People online spend so much time and energy hating nonstop on other people's shit:
  • other brands
  • other models
  • other generations
  • other trims
  • other transmissions
  • other colors
  • other parts
  • other styles
  • other setups
The list goes on...

Shut the fuck up and worry about your own car. You're not "telling like it is" or being "honest"--you're just being an online asshole.
Sponsored