Who is your tuner and how much did you pay? I’m looking for a 93 oct and e50 tune

Who is your tuner and how much did you pay? I’m looking for a 93 oct and e50 tune

• Total voters

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Tuner and price for 1 map and 2 maps. Any OTS maps come with it?
How is the tune holding up? Any issues?
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Tuner and price for 1 map and 2 maps. Any OTS maps come with it?
How is the tune holding up? Any issues?
Visconti, $1700 for the initial Ecutek kit, remote unlock, and stage 1 OTS map. Then a few months later after I had installed a downpipe and flex fuel kit, it was another $800 for a stage 2 flex fuel (91 oct/E50) custom tune.

No issues, runs beautifully.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Visconti, $1700 for the initial Ecutek kit, remote unlock, and stage 1 OTS map. Then a few months later after I had installed a downpipe and flex fuel kit, it was another $800 for a stage 2 flex fuel (91 oct/E50) custom tune.

No issues, runs beautifully.
What are you pushing on e50?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
What are you pushing on e50?
I haven't been to a dyno yet, so not sure. All I know is that with stock tires and at 5500ft elevation, 1st-2nd are completely useless, 3rd is mostly useless, and even 4th will get squirrely if I try to turn at all while accelerating, even something as minor as a lane change. Basically everything has shifted by 2 gears compared to stock, so the way it used to behave in 1st is now how it behaves in 3rd, and the way it used to behave in 3rd is now how it behaves in 5th. It's ridiculous and I love it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I haven't been to a dyno yet, so not sure. All I know is that with stock tires and at 5500ft elevation, 1st-2nd are completely useless, 3rd is mostly useless, and even 4th will get squirrely if I try to turn at all while accelerating, even something as minor as a lane change. Basically everything has shifted by 2 gears compared to stock, so the way it used to behave in 1st is now how it behaves in 3rd, and the way it used to behave in 3rd is now how it behaves in 5th. It's ridiculous and I love it.
Sounds like you're wasting a lot of power by not being able to put it to the ground. What tires?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
MHD Tuned, price for everything ranging from the catless downpipe, ECU Unlock fee, MHD Super License for the B58, MHD OBD Dongle, having the shop teach me how to use MHD and install the stage 2 93 octane OTS map, and 4 Dyno runs was $1600. Car made 446whp and 526wtq on its best run on 93. Since then, I've had an E40 custom tune dialed in and the car is a hell of a lot quicker now. I would assume it's making 510ish whp and probably 550ish wtq now. The price of the E40 custom tune by Fabian @Pureboost.de was another $475 USD and it took 8 revisions to perfect it. So, from start to finish, the entire thing cost me right at $2,100 but that does include my downpipe since CES Motorsport sold me the downpipe on the day of tuning, and I don't think many people are including their downpipe price in their total pricing of the stage 2 tune adventure.

In this picture, we forgot to do baseline runs with the car on stock downpipe so the first two runs are stock tune with CES Motorsport Catless Downpipe ONLY! The two following runs are with the Catless Dowpipe and Stage 2 93 OTS Map. I posted a second picture of the same Dyno sheet so that you can see the ambient temps. It was a hot ass North Carolina summer day in that shop.

Review: Car runs and drives absolutely perfectly on both the 93 OTS Map and the E40 Custom tune. There was an issue at one point when trying to use an OTS E50 map that was causing "insufficient fueling for power delivery" Errors that would put the car in limp mode, but this has since been resolved and the car runs and drives like it came from the factory this way on both maps.

Supra Dyno results.jpg

20211109_124238 (2).jpg

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still stock tires, once they wear out I'll switch to something better
I would recommend Nitto 555RII's for the rear. My car is tuned on E40 and these tires just hook, straight up. If I start out in first and hammer it, the tires will break loose a bit but the minor spinning in first will give the tires enough heat and grip so that when it shifts into second it will dead hook, third dead hooks no matter what, whether rolling into it or starting off in third, and from there you have nothing else to worry about. They ride comfortable considering it's a radial, there's barely any extra road noise comparing to the stock tires, and should be good for about 10k miles.

NoCrust

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 30T, 2017 Acura MDX
Instead of starting new thread. If the ecu ever gets unlocked what do people thing the possible cost to unlock and tune the 2021s?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
MHD, E30 OTS map w/ Sport Plus. Doing VERY well to the point where some people are reconsidering their custom tunes... and their tuning software.....

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Instead of starting new thread. If the ecu ever gets unlocked what do people thing the possible cost to unlock and tune the 2021s?
Depends on your goals obviously, but the cost should be the same as the 2020s. A good tune from a good tuner is going to be a couple of grand.

NoCrust

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 30T, 2017 Acura MDX
So the bench unlock inst going to be $3300? I read somewhere that was the potential price for the 2021 unlock.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should check around. The shop that tuned my car also performed a bench unlock and the unlock fee from said shop was cheaper than I had seen anywhere else, by a long shot. Like, I believe it was only $450 maybe and other places were like $600-$1,000. My car is also a 2021.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So the bench unlock inst going to be $3300? I read somewhere that was the potential price for the 2021 unlock.
If anyone is charging you $3,300 for an unlock thats the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard LOL. If that's a serious quote you need to go somewhere else, Holy hell!
Sponsored