Who is your tuner and how much did you pay? I’m looking for a 93 oct and e50 tune

Who is your tuner and how much did you pay? I’m looking for a 93 oct and e50 tune

• Total voters

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
So the bench unlock inst going to be $3300? I read somewhere that was the potential price for the 2021 unlock.
I think that's how much it costs now to do it, buying a new ecu to ship out to russia to have it unlocked then shipped back then tune. Not when the unlock becomes available to everyone
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So the bench unlock inst going to be $3300? I read somewhere that was the potential price for the 2021 unlock.
That's a different thing. I probably posted that. There is a process where you can.. Do Some Things™ that land you at tuneable (that doesn't include the tune or ecutek). That's going to cost $3,300+. I would -not- recommend that route if you don't know what's involved, or if your car is important to your day-to-day life. My Supra is just a toy, and I'm planning to go that route. The worst-case outcome is pretty serious (4-5 months without a car because you need to order a new ECU from BMW + whatever that all costs).

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think that's how much it costs now to do it, buying a new ecu to ship out to russia to have it unlocked then shipped back then tune. Not when the unlock becomes available to everyone
This route is possible, hard, risky, and expensive -- which is why I'm doing it. I can live without this car, it's just a toy.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Ok so I'm guessing you guys are referring to something I haven't heard about with this "unlock" that costs $3,300. Someone said "bench unlock" and I was like "WOAH, WTF". What is this method like a complete hack of the ECU?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok so I'm guessing you guys are referring to something I haven't heard about with this "unlock" that costs $3,300. Someone said "bench unlock" and I was like "WOAH, WTF". What is this method like a complete hack of the ECU?
It requires Russia, Buying a 2020 ECU, and some black magic by a couple different people. Not for the feint of heart.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
The Russian unlock is definitely an expensive one. I would honestly wait till next year if people are on the fence about it. There may be a more viable option by then.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
This is the annoying part. "may be" is.. maybe.

Though, I'm sure the second I go through it all, it'll be available here.
Please make it fast then ?
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk