Whose kid is this? Florida deputy clocking teen driving 132 mph in his daddy's 2.0

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid, but when I took adolescent psychology the text says that males around this age range tend to feel indestructible and a region in their developing brain is seeking new sensations and are more prone to risk-taking behaviors.
Oh I totally get that, but 16 is old enough to know that -other people- aren't indestructible. I could careless if he gets himself killed, but did you see how busy that highway was?
Sponsored

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
I've pushed all of my cars to their top speed at least once or twice, ESPECIALLY when I was a teen. But I don't think I've ever done it on such a busy highway. There's a time and a place for doing dumb s**t and its not during rush hour.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
To me the whole ā€œlives at riskā€ narrative extends beyond the moment. Lets say you do get caught and pulled over, now youā€™ve put that officerā€™s life at risk being on the side of the road. Lets say you donā€™t get caught but you crash, now a tow truck driverā€™s life is at risk and possibly an officerā€™s as well. Lets say you donā€™t get caught but you crash badly, now officersā€™, tow truck driverā€™s, and EMTsā€™ lives are at risk. People just donā€™t seem to think of all the possible outcomes their actions could potentially have when making these decisions.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I hope that wasnā€™t on I-4. Damnnnnnnā€¦.. Too many lives at stake there. The punishment needs to fit the crime, imo. Iā€™d let my kid sit in jail overnight just to learn to never do that again. Even ask the officer if they could arrange it. You certainly donā€™t learn well w/out a harsh reminder at that age. Common sense should tell the kid you canā€˜t pull fire alarms in buildings or speed like that in traffic.

I explained to my then 16 yo (now 18) all kinds of scenarios & what ifs while driving. He still hit a curb and (luckily) just planted tree. Learned the hard way by paying back every penny of damage to my MX5. Kids will do stupid shit. Thatā€™s for sure. But there needs to be consequences. Or weā€™ll have a lot more stories like this.

Remember the summer of love in Seattle?

https://www.canyon-news.com/seattles-summer-of-love-has-turned-into-a-summer-of-hell/120052

Last edited:

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid, but when I took adolescent psychology the text says that males around this age range tend to feel indestructible and a region in their developing brain is seeking new sensations and are more prone to risk-taking behaviors.
Thanks a lot for sharing this. Iā€™m middle aged and didnā€™t realize I suffer from a slow developmental brain. My wife has been accusing me of that for 30 years now. Now I can tell her ā€œhey itā€™s not my fault. I have the brain of an undeveloped adolescent.ā€ @Supra93 says so. Heā€™s a psychologist.

On a side note. Iā€™m all for showing your ass when the time and opportunity is right. You have to live life on your terms and you have to be able to deal with that when things go side ways. Taking stupid chances that could hurt or kill innocent people is stupid and subject to a good ol fashion ass whipping.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Now I can tell her ā€œhey itā€™s not my fault. I have the brain of an undeveloped adolescent.ā€
Don't laugh but this is the world as it stands in 2023. Nothing is ever a child's fault.. it is the fault of something else.. a learning difficulty.. parents.. a poor environment.. unicorns.. whatever.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Don't laugh but this is the world as it stands in 2023. Nothing is ever a child's fault.. it is the fault of something else.. a learning difficulty.. parents.. a poor environment.. unicorns.. whatever.
So trueā€¦ I just watched the video. That cop was cool as hell. Those parents need to take his license away and access to any vehicle for sure! He coulda killed himself and others no doubt. He got lucky

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Yep, and not just children, everything is ALWAYS someone elseā€™s fault in todayā€™s world. And usually that fault lies with whomever has the most to lose in a lawsuit. No matter how far-fetched of an idea it is to blame them.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Oh I totally get that, but 16 is old enough to know that -other people- aren't indestructible. I could careless if he gets himself killed, but did you see how busy that highway was?
I don't disagree with you, but in sum, that's just what the literature states.

@Supra93 says so. Heā€™s a psychologist.
I wish, there is still at least two more years of schooling if I want to down that path.

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I didn't even know the 4 bangers could even go that fast. šŸ˜‚
Im going to have to ask you to refrain from using that kind of language. You might offend the 10 people on this forum that owns one

JR Supra

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota GR supra 3.0 premium
I was 16 when I got my Supra. (Paid half dad paid other half). Iā€™m 18 now, I have never been pulled over. Sure I drive fast every now and then, but i donā€™t drive like a moron itā€™s not fair to other drivers.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
They are. If 'going to kid' is wreckless driving 132mph on a street filled with innocent people.. yeah. fuck em.
you have never broken the speed limit in your Supra? Or is your brand of speed more righteous?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
you have never broken the speed limit in your Supra? Or is your brand of speed more righteous?
I heard that Zrk only drags and that he has a chauffeur for street driving.

I'm all for shits n giggles but let's draw some lines right.

Forget about legal age. Age is stupid for many reasons. Go with experience.

If the kid grew up from go carting 40+mph variants then worked his way up to a car with some advanced driving lessons OR if he tacked on countless hours behind the wheel before 16, then maybe you could be like ok 132 is not too far off from what he could handle. Still busy highyway..

A random 16 yo, on busy highyway, doesn't even know police spots, I'd jump to conclusions of, he fits the bill of pole splitters.

Maybe a day or two in jail, a good sit down, some monetary or charity work for some long time, could teach him without extremes.
If he's a repeat offender, then yeah, he's not learning his lessons, take his license away.
But limiting drinking, taking license away type, easily circumventable (?is that a word) can make matters worse.
Kid will drive without license, steal dads car....
Sponsored