Anyone cross shop an Integra Type S?

OP
OP

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Model S, 97 Miata, 12 Ridgeline
I drove an 01 automatic today. In some ways I see what people say about it being in a "different class" in that it has significantly more power than the ITS with a whipped cream engine, and its stock exhaust note is much better. No need for an upgrade IMO. The interior felt nice with satisfying switchgear, and I've never been inside a car that completely envelops me the way the Supra does.

Even in sport mode the car felt comfortable, though with only 20k on the clock it already had a couple minor rattles. It was not a rattle trap though, and it felt pretty competent and sedate for the mile I put on the highway.

The transmission was what I expected - kind of like a video game in manual mode, and somewhat engaging even in sport auto. It's still an auto with a torque converter, but it's actually very nice when you're in full control. In normal mode it felt like I was abusing the engine, lugging it in 8th gear at 45 mph. I wonder if I'd choose to just drive in manual mode all the time.

I didn't get a chance to push it much on corners, but it cornered very flat and surgical, and it had good mechanical grip, much like the ITS. Steering feel was very sharp, and I liked the slightly narrow steering wheel. I think a lot of wheels are too fat these days.

For me, the call is still close. I am kind of spoiled for power anyway with the Tesla, and in most cases I just want enough to pass easily in traffic and not be a rolling chicane on the track. I think both cars will accomplish that.
Sponsored

Reactions: bk5

pkthunder

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Stratosphere Supra 3.0
Idk if dealers is still marking up the ITS, but last I heard from my friend who works at Acura told me they wanted 65k. For that price I would rather get the supra, but its all about your preference.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
Idk if dealers is still marking up the ITS, but last I heard from my friend who works at Acura told me they wanted 65k. For that price I would rather get the supra, but its all about your preference.
They're adding markups but you can get it without it. My brother got his from Alhambra Acura. They were asking for a $3k mark up, but he was able to negotiate no markup and remove added "fees". Basically MSRP.

OP
OP

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Model S, 97 Miata, 12 Ridgeline
Seems to depend on the dealer. The dealer where I drove the automatic said that new Supras were still being marked up 7-10k, though I felt like he was also a little full of it as he was trying to make the sale on the used one they had. I'm guessing I'll end up buying a slightly used/certified car anyway.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
My brothers Type S and my 45th making a guest appearance.
Acura's design language is the best in the biz right now. It took a little bit for me to come around, but now that I've seen enough Integras and TLXes running around, I've been able to appreciate them.
Sponsored