Anyone has a leaky transmission fluid pan?

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Got it, is it something I should suggest to my service manager? Or just have them figure it out? I would prefer that approach instead of taking a rental/loaner and having the car sit.
Sponsored

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Iā€™m here in Southern California, nearest dealer is Crown Toyota

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Got it thank you, Iā€™ll point them in this direction.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
I figured that was what was leaking after the transpan didn't fix the leak. Very common issue on the CTS-V as well for that same seal to leak. I looked up the Removal installation in the workshop manual and it doesn't look too bad... Drop the drive shaft, remove the trans crossmember, take the nut off the back of the yoke, pull out seal, replace new seal, install yoke, replace with a new yoke nut, torque nut to spec and stake, reinstall trans crossmember and driveshaft...

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Well I stopped by the local dealer and attempted to guide them in the direction of it being the Yoke. Service manager talked about how they were the flagship for Supra in Southern California, and since Toyota is across the street from them they are the ones that ā€œdevelopā€ the procedure for fixes when it happens.

I have no idea how much he was lying, but he said we got it from here...and refused to take the part number or suggestion.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Service manager talked about how they were the flagship for Supra in Southern California, and since Toyota is across the street from them they are the ones that ā€œdevelopā€ the procedure for fixes when it happens.
Wow that is some high octane bullshit - I'm surprised he isn't in sales..

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Well I stopped by the local dealer and attempted to guide them in the direction of it being the Yoke. Service manager talked about how they were the flagship for Supra in Southern California, and since Toyota is across the street from them they are the ones that ā€œdevelopā€ the procedure for fixes when it happens.

I have no idea how much he was lying, but he said we got it from here...and refused to take the part number or suggestion.
Toyota HQ is in Dallas, Texas so I'm not sure what street he's talking about :doh:.

Hoping that they can just ID the issue and sort it out though. Good luck!

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Follow up, for anyone that might be taking their vehicle in or concerned.

Dealer did a wipe down last week, and had me drive the car an additional 200 miles. I dropped the car off today for inspection again, they said the leak was minor and only little seepage. They are ordering the gasket for the yoke, and the pan gasket and will be replacing it sometime next week, when the parts come in. The service advisor did confirm that if the car had an equivalent leak as to when I brought it in, the whole transmission would have been replaced.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
Follow up, for anyone that might be taking their vehicle in or concerned.

Dealer did a wipe down last week, and had me drive the car an additional 200 miles. I dropped the car off today for inspection again, they said the leak was minor and only little seepage. They are ordering the gasket for the yoke, and the pan gasket and will be replacing it sometime next week, when the parts come in. The service advisor did confirm that if the car had an equivalent leak as to when I brought it in, the whole transmission would have been replaced.
As in after they replace the yoke seal and the pan gasket, if it still has a leak, they are replacing the trans?

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Based on what the advisor said yeah. Thatā€™s their game plan

Toyota Squad Kuwait

First Name
Aaryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hello.

I have experienced a similar issue.
Later found that it was due to improper removal of the engine oil filter.
The oil would drip from the filter casing to the underneath cover and from there it will spread toward the ATM pan on drive.

To confirm remove the underneath cover located right below the engine oil filter and check for any oil.
Sponsored