Cobra exhaust

awretham

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra 3.0
On the off chance, has anyone on here got a Cobra exhaust?

I'm stuck between the Dinan system, which is obviously going to be a bit louder, or this more "sensible" Cobra system (with centre silencers and twin valves);

https://cobrasport.com/collections/.../toyota-gr-supra-cat-back-performance-exhaust

Not interested in silly loud / motorway exhaust drone, been there done that with s / r-chassis.. I'm obviously getting old... Looking to do some miles across Europe next year, so don't want to have to wear ear defenders (had to do that before no joke! Because race car.)

Anyway, be really interested to hear other ppls opinions. I know there's some other exhaust threads etc but this is more specifically asking about the Cobra system (fitment, quality etc) 🙏🏻
Sponsored

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I have the stock exhaust with catted downpipe. Quiet in normal and in sport mode louder than stock but not obnoxious. Instead off upgrading exhaust use the money for Suspension upgrades

OP
OP
awretham

awretham

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra 3.0
I'm assuming you're still running the OPF? I've not tested it, but I suspect for my goal the stock system will become a restriction.. Got a Wagner inlet to fit too.
Suspension is on the list, and brakes..
As I said I'm more interested in the quality of the system, to justify the extra expense over the Dinan system (which will need modification to fit the UK downpipe..)

OP
OP
awretham

awretham

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra 3.0
After doing some research / speaking to some ppl on the Yaris GR forum, I'm going to pull the trigger on the Cobra system! Think I'm going to go for the non-silenced centre section (as I intend to retain my cat,) and the single valve option at the rear.. might go twin valve and I can always disable one if to loud... Going to speak to Cobra on Monday and get the ball rolling, and will get some decent install pics etc for anyone wanting to follow suit

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
After doing some research / speaking to some ppl on the Yaris GR forum, I'm going to pull the trigger on the Cobra system! Think I'm going to go for the non-silenced centre section (as I intend to retain my cat,) and the single valve option at the rear.. might go twin valve and I can always disable one if to loud... Going to speak to Cobra on Monday and get the ball rolling, and will get some decent install pics etc for anyone wanting to follow suit
Really excited to hear the results and hope it all goes well for you mate.

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Waiting for the results :)

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I've ridden a Harley with a cobra exhaust and it sounded great compared to a stock system. If their car exhausts are anything like it, you'll be happy. But I know, thats an apples to oranges comparison.

OP
OP
awretham

awretham

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra 3.0
Cars booked in with Cobra on Monday 13th Nov.
After speaking with them further, they've been super helpful tbh, I've gone for the silenced centre section to combat any potential motorway drone (as I want to do some long road trips in the car,) and twin rear valves (I can always disable one if too loud.)
So anyone at the meet on the 19th can check out the new exhaust 👍

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
I'm keen to hear this i've seen their system online but not much on the interweb about how it sounds...

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Cars booked in with Cobra on Monday 13th Nov.
After speaking with them further, they've been super helpful tbh, I've gone for the silenced centre section to combat any potential motorway drone (as I want to do some long road trips in the car,) and twin rear valves (I can always disable one if too loud.)
So anyone at the meet on the 19th can check out the new exhaust 👍
You going for the full system including cat? I was just looking at their site, I like that they are UK made! Is all TIG welded unusual for an exhaust system? (I think Dinan is a mix of TIG/MIG)

OP
OP
awretham

awretham

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra 3.0
I'm going cat back, so retaining the stock cat for the time being, but will probably upgrade to their sports cat at some point down the line when required.
A fully tig welded system isn't unusual per say, but some are a mix as you say.
Only a couple weeks now, cannot wait!

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I'm going cat back, so retaining the stock cat for the time being, but will probably upgrade to their sports cat at some point down the line when required.
A fully tig welded system isn't unusual per say, but some are a mix as you say.
Only a couple weeks now, cannot wait!
So OPF delete right?