Driveway Labs Best Trunk Button

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
When I park my car and pop the trunk, it'll re-latch when I close my driver door. Car is still unlocked. Being able to get out of the car, close the door and then press the trunk button would be great.

Right now, I have to get out, leave the driver's door open, open the trunk, close the trunk, and then close the door. Kinda annoying since the door is long and makes the parking spot next to me kinda tight.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
If pulling out the key fob to unlock the car then also just press the trunk release button on the fob.
If placing hand on handle to comfort unlock then also open the door and press trunk release.

Cool concept, but not really an added convenience.
my car is unlocked 99% of the time, or I unlock it from my app before I leave whatever building I'm in.

it may not be an option for you and that's fine.

for me, it made too much sense, especially when the trunk takes 2-3 button presses to actually unlock from the door.

again as with the other guy, I won't force you to buy one nor shame you if you don't. ❤🤷🏿‍♂️

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What if you used the touch sensor from the door handle and added it into the button?
Then just connect the wires to the same place the door handle ones go to (or splice them into the same wires) so that the car thinks that the door handle unlock is happening when the button on the rear hatch is pressed.

I don't know the feasibility of doing all of that, but it makes sense in my head.
my concept is similar I think, I have to work on some other items first and I'll circle back to it. ❤

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I park my car and pop the trunk, it'll re-latch when I close my driver door. Car is still unlocked. Being able to get out of the car, close the door and then press the trunk button would be great.

Right now, I have to get out, leave the driver's door open, open the trunk, close the trunk, and then close the door. Kinda annoying since the door is long and makes the parking spot next to be kinda tight.
Me

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is easily my favorite thing I've done to my car that's a non-power adder. Top 3 favorite even against the big turbo.

253shooter

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Launch Edition
I may be missing something but how do we bypass the 22.00 in shipping? If that’s the cost no biggie, but I saw a few posts back that was an error. Additionally, any revisions would be compatible with those of us that have already installed, yes? Great solution man, can’t wait to install.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I may be missing something but how do we bypass the 22.00 in shipping? If that’s the cost no biggie, but I saw a few posts back that was an error. Additionally, any revisions would be compatible with those of us that have already installed, yes? Great solution man, can’t wait to install.
Oh man, I'm sorry! Just select "will call/pickup" I am trying to configure my stupid store to let me show "free shipping" on just certain items

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh man, I'm sorry! Just select "will call/pickup" I am trying to configure my stupid store to let me show "free shipping" on just certain items
or I'll just refund the shipping fee, whatever is easiest for you

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
any revisions will be yes, unless I do something wild and extra fancy but then I got people's backs

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Wow thats pretty cool mod!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Got mine today. Hopefully installing this weekend, if I ain't sick.
Sponsored