Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
Taking one aero element off of a GT3 class car and putting it on a road car isn’t gonna do it. The gt3 has more bodywork to increase its efficiency vs a road car, not to mention you need a front end package to balance it out.

Any sort of class racing will be limited to the rule set. Seeing that you’re using a GT3 class winning foil, it’s been a while but IIRC their wing box limited are somewhere around 300x1700. The average single element foil used in time attack is around 330-350mm.

Beating out outright larger wings which some have a 2D/3D hybrid profile (Voltex type 7esque). You got some work cut out for you with those claims. Interested to see what you come up with!
im not using a copy paste of the wings, I am using the foil which was what was gifted to me. I know all about class restrictions, those aero designers are all friends of mine or mentors or friends of friends

I'm not worried about voltex or anything, those are just all old stolen AMB designs and mass produced for a global market.

I'm actually sitting just under 15" nose to tail on this

I know I sound like an asshole btw. Just where I'm at in life.

Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Hey Carl. My IQ is single digits. Can you just show me what it looks like. I want my car to achieve lift @88mph and can it be powdercoated purple?

kidding aside, the people taking ridiculous shot at you are the best marketing. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
im not using a copy paste of the wings, I am using the foil which was what was gifted to me. I know all about class restrictions, those aero designers are all friends of mine or mentors or friends of friends

I'm not worried about voltex or anything, those are just all old stolen AMB designs and mass produced for a global market.

I'm actually sitting just under 15" nose to tail on this

I know I sound like an asshole btw. Just where I'm at in life.
Ah, from your first photo/vid you posted it looked like a copy paste deal.

AMB, man blast from the past… used to time attack along side him, different class of course. He was all about massive tunnels, massive multi elements it shows through in Under Suzuki car after AMB consulting.

Voltex is more super GT inspired designs. However it I s possible that it AMB design, he did consult in that series as well.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
Ah, from your first photo/vid you posted it looked like a copy paste deal.

AMB, man blast from the past… used to time attack along side him, different class of course. He was all about massive tunnels, massive multi elements it shows through in Under Suzuki car after AMB consulting.

Voltex is more super GT inspired designs. However it I s possible that it AMB design, he did consult in that series as well.
I talk to Andrew daily, they just finished up WTAC. His work definitely ends up hamstrung by the teams and drivers that it ends up on

He and I share some similar design brain cells and I'm trying to work a few ideas with him, he looks over my stuff when I ask and he mentors me when I'm off in left field

I have been very fortunate to make friends with some brilliant people and it works out better when we've all had IP stolen by someone specific 😂