Dyno numbers on stage 2

Bullets2k

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
I put the car on a dyno. Its a 2021 tunable one. I put a mst intake and 4 5 inch powerneedy catted downpipe. Then a stage 2 tune. What you guys think about this numbers. To me i think they are kind of low

20230124_154541.jpg
Sponsored

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
You somehow ended up with less HP than a lot of cars produce while stock. That's unfortunate. What was the DA and/or your altitude? Your #'s could make sense if you're in Colorado, or some other high altitude location, but if you're at sea level, I'd be asking for my money back.

Don't suppose you have a stock dyno to compare against, do you? That's really what dyno's are good for, comparing the power made or lost when mods are done.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
those numbers are almost identical to my jb4 disabled with a AA catted DP and MST intake. You sure you had your tune loaded?
My car was admittedly heatsoaked when I did my map 6 pulls but I still got 470lbft and a few more HP.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
What's a Stage 2?

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Those look like stock numbers. Get some E in there. That will bump it up a bit.

OP
OP

Bullets2k

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
By the way, the car was tune in a different place. Was not tuned where the dyno is at. Temperature was in around 40 degrees and humidity was around 50 degrees

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
When I thought I had flashed a stage 2 OTS tune, the file name said stage 2, but it was actually a stock file. Didnā€™t dyno it, but times donā€™t lie.

Was a minor hiccup.

Tuner sent me a proper stage 2 file, and I was good to go. Are you sure youā€™re tuned?

Do you have a dragy? Maybe itā€™s just a (very) low reading dyno.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Really need a baseline on the same dyno to make any conclusions. At least a dyno with stock tuning. Otherwise, we can't relate these numbers to anything. Also, what is a stage 2 tune?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
What's a Stage 2?
Also, what is a stage 2 tune?
You guys really havenā€™t seen where platforms start to simplify modding/tuning progression into simple terms (stages) despite the community knowing there are nuances to every build.

For the MKV Supra (and many other factory boosted platforms), stage 2 is, generally speaking, downpipe+ECU (or piggyback) tune that takes advantage of the additional flow a downpipe adds. But you and I both know that, and youā€™re just being facetious. Speaking in stages also simplifies the general power range to be expected before getting past the bolt on stage.

FWIW, I find ā€œstagesā€ both helpful in my context and funny in your context. Every mod + DA + brand of gas in every conversation is too specific. Stages are too simple. /rant

(also, not serious)

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
You guys really havenā€™t seen where platforms start to simplify modding/tuning progression into simple terms (stages) despite the community knowing there are nuances to every build.

For the MKV Supra (and many other factory boosted platforms), stage 2 is, generally speaking, downpipe+ECU (or piggyback) tune that takes advantage of the additional flow a downpipe adds. But you and I both know that, and youā€™re just being facetious. Speaking in stages also simplifies the general power range to be expected before getting past the bolt on stage.

FWIW, I find ā€œstagesā€ both helpful in my context and funny in your context. Every mod + DA + brand of gas in every conversation is too specific. Stages are too simple. /rant

(also, not serious)
I have a Stage 4 - BPU++++++++++ * -1

DSG Performance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dsgperformance.com
Car(s)
Supra, Evo X, BRZ
Well it really depends on what your baseline was, you need to compare before and after which is really all that matters.

We went uncatted but intake + uncatted DP (we also did the chargepipe but that's negligible), we did 417/519 but who knows what that would make on 3 different dynos. We baselined it stock, so I made 315/360 baseline. That means we made +102whp/+157wtq over stock which is pretty saucy on 91 octane and I guess what you consider stage 2

Stock baseline vid:

After the tune final numbers:

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
Honestly the purpose of a dyno should be compared to baseline and what you gained from it. And numbers don't mean anything until you actually put it to the test. What's the 1/4 mile? 60 foot? Trapspeed? Does it run smoother? etc.

DSG Performance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dsgperformance.com
Car(s)
Supra, Evo X, BRZ
Honestly the purpose of a dyno should be compared to baseline and what you gained from it. And numbers don't mean anything until you actually put it to the test. What's the 1/4 mile? 60 foot? Trapspeed? Does it run smoother? etc.
Correct, see my post above. It should only be to measure gains over stock.
Sponsored