NEW DAW HYPERCORE NOW AVAILABLE! $1575.00 UP TO 17% MORE FLOW THAN STOCK - 1 FAST SUPRA

DHarkKnight10

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 / 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Replace o-rings, coolant, oil... Ok, so this isn't just a "simple swap" like a charge pipe as some have chimed in.

There are so many CAI, catback, DP, manifold DIY videos out there, so I'm gonna wait on this until someone does a comprehensive instructional.
Yeah, I'm glad I waited on one of these as it appears to not be as "simple" as the "marketing" for this makes it out to be. If you do in fact have to go through all of the same work/effort as a full turbo swap then the only point I see to go with this option (from an "install effort") is to save some cash...

Hopefully someone will be willing to make a video or write-up or something on this to give some clarity on the install process. Idk why some of these manufacturers don't bother with these things when launching products... They'd probably sell a lot more units if they'd take the time to show people how to properly install their products. At least Remnant understood this assignment for their turbo kit...cripes
Sponsored

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
😂
check out the youtube videos on the B58 turbo removal/install.
not much more work to remove the exhaust manifold and do a full turbo replacement.
i should've gone with the flow max. :dunno:
been looking at those. Doesn’t look that hard overall. Decided to go this way as I’m trying to keep out of the rabbit hole. Want the car mostly stock and around 500ish hp/tq.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Do you have to pull the turbo/manifold to do this or is there a way to only pull the inlet/wastegate side off?

seemed like a dumb question when I was posting it. I see the 5 bolts from the back that look like they are holding the inlet side together for shipping? Is the cartridge pressed in so it doesn’t wiggle around when trying to place it back in the housing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah, I'm glad I waited on one of these as it appears to not be as "simple" as the "marketing" for this makes it out to be. If you do in fact have to go through all of the same work/effort as a full turbo swap then the only point I see to go with this option (from an "install effort") is to save some cash...

Hopefully someone will be willing to make a video or write-up or something on this to give some clarity on the install process. Idk why some of these manufacturers don't bother with these things when launching products... They'd probably sell a lot more units if they'd take the time to show people how to properly install their products. At least Remnant understood this assignment for their turbo kit...cripes
Let me know if you have questions this is a core replacement on the cold side, hot side can remain on the car. You do not need to remove the full manifold but you can if you wanted.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you have to pull the turbo/manifold to do this or is there a way to only pull the inlet/wastegate side off?

seemed like a dumb question when I was posting it. I see the 5 bolts from the back that look like they are holding the inlet side together for shipping? Is the cartridge pressed in so it doesn’t wiggle around when trying to place it back in the housing?
you do not need to remove the manifold.

If anyone is local to Chicago and wants one I can do the install for them in about an hour.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
you do not need to remove the manifold.

If anyone is local to Chicago and wants one I can do the install for them in about an hour.
so do you split the hot vs cold side. I don’t see a way to get to the back 2 bolts on the housing to get the cartridge out or how to undo the oil line at the top either without taking everything off either.

Got_M

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone completed install and tuned? Any dyno numbers? Also be nice if someone could do a vid on full start to finish install. This seems like a great option for anyone looking to be OEM+ and not have to deal with other modifications. Been watching this thread closely....bang for the buck this could be it!

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
Were you able to install it and tune?
hypercore is in.
took me 2 days plus a twelve pack. :beer:
one day to tear down and one day to assemble.

there were many times i questioned the validity of a CHRA swap instead of a full turbo replacement which could easily have been done with the exhaust manifold removal.
you're going through the same steps as in a full turbo replacement anyway. :dunno:

dme is still locked at the moment.
i have jb+.

Last edited:

jjaca

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A90
it was actually 18 but i didn't want to seem like an alcoholic. :beer:

two days is better than...two weeks.
What’s your feedback on the power difference? Very interested in doing this.

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
up to 17%...

yes, it does pull "up to 17%" harder than stock. 😒

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
up to 17%...

yes, it does pull "up to 17%" harder than stock. 😒
Whats this mean? lol. What are you using for tuning and do you have any logs? Ive had pretty good success with just jb4 and PI