Kevin

Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0
Probably easier to just do a Ford 8.8 swap from SLG. It comes with gforce axels and an upgraded aluminum driveshaft. Whole thing is plug and play and you can push 1000hp through it if you want to. It's maybe overkill, but it's what I'll be running on my 2.0 next year.

It will be a lot more predictable than the ediff and not require any electronics.
Yeah that’s also a great option but the most expensive. I would’ve gone that route if it came out earlier. I bought parts days before it was announced.
Sponsored

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Yeah that’s also a great option but the most expensive. I would’ve gone that route if it came out earlier. I bought parts days before it was announced.
I honestly just dislike the ediff on the 3.0 so I think a clutch lsd will be a big upgrade over an open diff or ediff.

At 6k it's about half the cost of running an OSG or Drexler + upgraded axles and driveshaft.

OP
OP
Kevin

Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0
I honestly just dislike the ediff on the 3.0 so I think a clutch lsd will be a big upgrade over an open diff or ediff.

At 6k it's about half the cost of running an OSG or Drexler + upgraded axles and driveshaft.
I have no experience with it so we’ll see how it goes. I would assume one wouldn’t like the ediff because it doesn’t do what you want it to do. HTG’s stand-alone can be as simple as on-and-off switch, a 0-100% dial, or a tuned custom map that communicates with the DME through canbus. For me personally locking it up on command is enough.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
I have no experience with it so we’ll see how it goes. I would assume one wouldn’t like the ediff because it doesn’t do what you want it to do. HTG’s stand-alone can be as simple as on-and-off switch, a 0-100% dial, or a tuned custom map that communicates with the DME through canbus. For me personally locking it up on command is enough.
Yeah, not being able to change the programming is the limiting factor. I guess the new M2/M3/M4 put down power much better from improvements in the programming for the ediff.

Not sure if the 2023 and later Supras got those updates or not, but some tests have shown better acceleration with the same power which may be indicative of changes to the diff programming. Not 100% sure though.