2022 a91 with no telematics?

Jhan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91
Bought a new to me 2022 a 91 a few months ago.... I like the car... fun to drive, but still struggling to figure out how to connect to CarPlay and establish if I have remote start or at least remote air conditioning. I live in the CA desert and it's about to get scorching for the summer. I was able to connect wirelessly to apple play for a couple days then never again; deleted all connected devices and went through the set up several times (no luck re-establishing car play), downloaded supra connect, downloaded toyota connect (neither helpful), went to a toyata dealership and was told that car play should work wired without a subscription to remote services (I could not get that to work), called toyota to find out about Toyota Connect Services and was told that this car has no telematics available. I find that hard to believe. I have 70k car that has less nav/entertainment capability than my 20 year old 4 runner? Anybody have any input?
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
To get CarPlay to work your iPhone has to have WiFi and Bluetooth turned on. Some people have had problems connecting or maintaining a connection. I’ve never had any issues with my 2020 in four years of ownership. The Toyota Supra Connect has limited functionality: remote lock and unlock, fuel level, odometer and mileage readings, remote (scheduled) ventilation, remote horn, remote headlight flash, and map. Levels and readings are delayed, so depending on your drive and when you check the app, they could be a little or a lot off. The map feature lets you locate the vehicle and send an address for navigation purposes. The latter is the only feature I actually use. There is no remote start.

OP
OP

Jhan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91
Thanks for the tip.... the wifi was the key. I got it to connect and reconnect on start up. Sometimes I need to press the steering wheel phone icon if the sound doesn't sync automatically.
Sponsored