Best Catted Downpipe

SaeJPark

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Just wanted to gather thoughts I’m looking to purchase a catted Downpipe (one that has no CEL) and am contemplating between the AA or the AMS Downpipe. Or if any other companies have one I don’t know about im open to any suggestions!
Sponsored

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Just wanted to gather thoughts I’m looking to purchase a catted Downpipe (one that has no CEL) and am contemplating between the AA or the AMS Downpipe. Or if any other companies have one I don’t know about im open to any suggestions!
Just installed an AA catted downpipe and it performs well. My 2nd choice would have been the MST catted downpipe.

Last edited:

Scoopra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 premium
I went with SHS Autosport and got the exhaust too. I figured why not go full 4" instead of buying a downpipe and exhaust that shrink down in the middle.

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I definitely recommend the AA downpipe. Super popular catted option and I have never heard of anyone getting a CEL with it. Also it sounds amazing 😁

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
never heard of anyone getting a CEL with it.
I have AA and its great.

But to be truthful, there have been bad batches of AA that did throw CEL. The warranty is on the Cat and not the work. So pulling it on and off is on your dime. Some member was snake bit and had it happen a couple of times. And there was question as to the Bimmer Code crowd who turn on Sport+ and how that interacts with AA cat. But Sport+ not recommended the A90 so I'd code it off if you've coded it on.

None of this is unreasonable for a product like this.

rowdy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red 2.0 A90 Supra 3.0L
AA dp is the one I would like to go with hopefully soon since it has SO many good reviews!

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Is there a DP which improves throttle response while being quiet? I already have an AWE exhaust I don't want more noise but I do want the car to be less numb / laggy.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Is there a DP which improves throttle response while being quiet? I already have an AWE exhaust I don't want more noise but I do want the car to be less numb / laggy.
AA
its got 400 CEL vs 200 CEL with other catted options

you sill get all the pros without the obnoxious sound increase