Dinan Intakes for the Toyota GR Supra

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Gr Supra 3.0 Premium
My intake just came in and I went ahead and installed it. Replacing my arma speed intake because 1) I’m a dinan fanboy 2) it felt like the Armaspeed turbo inlet wasn’t staying on properly all the time because it doesn’t use a spring clip like the dinan and oem ones. The dinan intake was super simple to install and fits amazing, I only struggled attatching the breather hose which I didn’t have a problem with when installing the arma speed intake. Can’t wait to see if I can hear/feel any difference tomorrow, the fitment and look is already far better. (Sorry if this is long, it’s my first post on a forum and I want to start being more active)

IMG_8675.jpeg
Sponsored

srwhitman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT Supra, Lotus Exige S260, Porsche GT3

Chris_a90

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 premium
My intake just came in and I went ahead and installed it. Replacing my arma speed intake because 1) I’m a dinan fanboy 2) it felt like the Armaspeed turbo inlet wasn’t staying on properly all the time because it doesn’t use a spring clip like the dinan and oem ones. The dinan intake was super simple to install and fits amazing, I only struggled attatching the breather hose which I didn’t have a problem with when installing the arma speed intake. Can’t wait to see if I can hear/feel any difference tomorrow, the fitment and look is already far better. (Sorry if this is long, it’s my first post on a forum and I want to start being more active)

IMG_8675.jpeg
Looks good. I just sold my MST intake this morning to purchase this one.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Hi Dinan,
Will it fit the A91-MT - see with this strut bar: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/2023-mt-factory-strut-tower-bar-info.14940/

Also, any tuning necessary?

Any issues with CEL?

What air filter is used?

I saw earlier in the thread is that you need the inlet pipe - I assume that is this: https://www.dinancars.com/products/intake-systems/turbo-inlets/parts/D760-0062 so it requires separate purchase?
this fits my A91mt perfectly fine. No Tuning necessary and no CEL. Yes the inlet is separate.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro

IMG_8675.jpeg
Looks very nice. More importantly, how does it sound? Can you hear it in the cabin with the windows closed?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Looks very nice. More importantly, how does it sound? Can you hear it in the cabin with the windows closed?
It's about 60% as loud as the armaspeed was you still hear the intake sounds in cabin it's just not overwhelmingly loud compared to arma. I switched just because how much the armaspeed heat soaked this is a trait of open intakes the dinan runs dramatically closer to ambient temps. If you want pure sound go armaspeed if you want performance and sound this is the best of both worlds and the fit and finish of this was OEM quality. I liked it so much I bought all their under hood products.

IMG_3176.jpeg

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
Hi Dinan,
Will it fit the A91-MT - see with this strut bar: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/2023-mt-factory-strut-tower-bar-info.14940/

Also, any tuning necessary?

Any issues with CEL?

What air filter is used?

I saw earlier in the thread is that you need the inlet pipe - I assume that is this: https://www.dinancars.com/products/intake-systems/turbo-inlets/parts/D760-0062 so it requires separate purchase?
@RyanA90 answered most of this stuff already but I'll add some color.

For confirmation -- will fit the A91-MT, no tuning necessary, and no CELs.

Air Filter is our own custom oiled filter (D401-0027). Same one used in 6 different Dinan intake kits currently. Can be washed/cleaned and re-used as needed for the life of the vehicle or just replaced entirely if you want to hit the easy button. Noticed it wasnt listed on the website under the Supra section so fixed that this morning.

Inlet pipe is not required and the intake will fit the stock inlet just fine. However, if you wanted to change out the entire intake tract then yes the turbo inlet is sold seperately (B58 specifically). The stock intake tract ultimately has two sound deadening resonators in it -- an upper and a lower -- the intake itself removes the upper and the turbo inlet would remove the lower.

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Definitely quieter than the armaspeed but it still sounds good and you can hear it in a closed cabin. I’m happy with a little bit less sound if it means better fitment, looks, and keeping the temps down like the other post says

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Inlet pipe is not required and the intake will fit the stock inlet just fine. However, if you wanted to change out the entire intake tract then yes the turbo inlet is sold seperately (B58 specifically). The stock intake tract ultimately has two sound deadening resonators in it -- an upper and a lower -- the intake itself removes the upper and the turbo inlet would remove the lower.
Out of interest, does the turbo inlet pipe with the standard OEM airbox make any difference in terms of sound?

Same question when paried with the Dinan airbox?

I already have the BMS inlet muffler delete, but maybe made 2% difference.

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
Out of interest, does the turbo inlet pipe with the standard OEM airbox make any difference in terms of sound?

Same question when paried with the Dinan airbox?

I already have the BMS inlet muffler delete, but maybe made 2% difference.
Short answer is yes. From my own subjective point of view the lower resonator being removed (the inlet) creates a much more pronounced BOV type sound (that turbo flutter sound) upon decel where the upper resonator (intake) is primarily affecting the sound of the sucking (for lack of a better term) under load. Yes, both are audible with the windows up and no music but the inlet flutter is much easier to distinguish.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Short answer is yes. From my own subjective point of view the lower resonator being removed (the inlet) creates a much more pronounced BOV type sound (that turbo flutter sound) upon decel where the upper resonator (intake) is primarily affecting the sound of the sucking (for lack of a better term) under load. Yes, both are audible with the windows up and no music but the inlet flutter is much easier to distinguish.
Thanks that's very helpful. I think the Dinan intake with standard inlet pipe would suit my requirements. Love the turbo intake woosh noises, but not so much the turbo flutter noises.

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
Is there an ETA for them being back in stock for the 3.0?

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there an ETA for them being back in stock for the 3.0?
It showed backorder for me but still came in less than a week, I probably just got lucky though
Sponsored