Dinan Intakes for the Toyota GR Supra

mikeag96

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just installed my Dinan intake and turbo inlet and I'm noticing much higher IAT temps (+60° F above ambient temps. after a couple of 0-60s).. bummer..

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Just installed my Dinan intake and turbo inlet and I'm noticing much higher IAT temps (+60° F above ambient temps. after a couple of 0-60s).. bummer..
Curious, have you tried it with the lid off?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Curious, have you tried it with the lid off?
I thought about doing this but the lid is just so beautiful i don’t wanna run without it. I love everything about this intake. The quality, fitment, functionality, and design are all top notch. I just miss how loud the armaspeed was in comparison tho take and give IG

saudi

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
I received my intake for my 2.0 (bought from ebay) unfortunately i couldn’t install it because the middle east spec cars have different mounting locations for the intake pipe, the PCV line has no place to mount on the intake pipe that’s been supplied.
dinan stated this mounts on all 2.0 supra’s, fortunately the solution to this is to

1- mount it with the short intake pipe for the Supra B58 or the 330i B48 Intake (whichever will work with the intake i purchased)
2- Use solution #1 but i could also use the BMW 330i turbo inlet so it mounts all the way, i can run either of these setups above.

I have reached out to dinan technical support to reach a solution, will update.

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

IMG_2312.jpeg

8F13190A-49BC-405D-9465-562F690C9DF3.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
I received my intake for my 2.0 (bought from ebay) unfortunately i couldn’t install it because the middle east spec cars have different mounting locations for the intake pipe, the PCV line has no place to mount on the intake pipe that’s been supplied.
dinan stated this mounts on all 2.0 supra’s, fortunately the solution to this is to

1- mount it with the short intake pipe for the Supra B58 or the 330i B48 Intake (whichever will work with the intake i purchased)
2- Use solution #1 but i could also use the BMW 330i turbo inlet so it mounts all the way, i can run either of these setups above.

I have reached out to dinan technical support to reach a solution, will update.
'
Out of the office on vacation this week but got this notification so wanted to chime in...

Good to know that ROW intakes on the Supra are different (at least on the 2.0). That said, our vehicle fitment guide is based on US spec cars as those are the vehicles we have access too. Fitment for EU spec or other regions has never been verified/tested. All we would be able to say is that the factory inlet pipes/resonator from 2020 to 2023 have went unchanged here in the US (17881-WAA01 or 17881-WAA02 depending on engine).

I will defer to the technical support guys as any real answer will require 3D scanning data but based off the parts we offer and their differences I can say with near certainty that any B58 part would not help your situation as the tube angles/bends are very different and would not line up properly. BMW 330i upper tube would be your best bet most likely but again I am unsure of how close those angles (and size) may be between the Supra and it without consulting scan data. Same for the BMW 330i lower tube/inlet -- assuming that problematic secondary connection is also the same. Regardless, all data we are working with is still based on US specs so there will always be some uncertainty with any potential solution in this particular case. Trial and error is what it would likely come down to which will be both expensive and timely so my personal reccommendation quite honestly is to arrange a return with the eBay seller you purchased from.

As a side note for the Supra community is there a good free source for Toyota OEM part number information like RealOEM or Bimmercat on the BMW side? The closest I have been able to find is oemgenuineparts.com but it is limited to US only spec whereas the BMW ones show all the region variant information. They are incredibly handy for these types of situations when out of the office and don't have access to all the tools so was curious...

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That’s because the design with the open slots and the intake tube not sealing is just sucking in hot engine bay air. Basically not any better than an open element intake. You’re all paying for the pretty CF, not that there is anything wrong with that.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
As a side note for the Supra community is there a good free source for Toyota OEM part number information like RealOEM or Bimmercat on the BMW side? The closest I have been able to find is oemgenuineparts.com but it is limited to US only spec whereas the BMW ones show all the region variant information. They are incredibly handy for these types of situations when out of the office and don't have access to all the tools so was curious...
I use https://partsouq.com/

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
You and me both --- been sitting on this release for awhile now. Would have been a few weeks sooner but some of the auxiliary hardware (heat shield) of all things was lagging for a bit.
Will the Blitz strut brace fit this application?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Will the Blitz strut brace fit this application?
Yes it will. Keep and eye out I’m switching intakes again soon and will be selling my dinan intake/inlet and dinan strut bars for a good discount. I have a disease at this point spending money on this car💀

golie25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Figured I would give my initial feedback after driving about 100 miles —

Initially I was a bit concerned since my IATs were in the high 110s, but it was 95 and very humid here today. Once it cooled down to about 75 I did a few pulls to compare to my previous Armaspeed intake:

75 low humidity sunny Armaspeed 40-100:
Start: 102
End: 126

75 high humidity night Dinan 40-120:
Start: 101
End: 108

I’m very happy so far. While the cruise IATs were a bit closer than I was expecting, they are much more consistent and don’t spike up and down like the armaspeed.

The only real con in comparison is the sound, but that was an intentional trade off to lower my IATs. If stock is 1/10 and armaspeed is 10/10, I would put this roughly in the middle. Honestly I might actually prefer the Dinan since I really hated that slurp sound you sometimes got instead of the normal blow off when letting off the throttle.

Overall, highly recommend as long as you aren’t looking for noise at all costs — any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Figured I would give my initial feedback after driving about 100 miles —

Initially I was a bit concerned since my IATs were in the high 110s, but it was 95 and very humid here today. Once it cooled down to about 75 I did a few pulls to compare to my previous Armaspeed intake:

75 low humidity sunny Armaspeed 40-100:
Start: 102
End: 126

75 high humidity night Dinan 40-120:
Start: 101
End: 108

I’m very happy so far. While the cruise IATs were a bit closer than I was expecting, they are much more consistent and don’t spike up and down like the armaspeed.

The only real con in comparison is the sound, but that was an intentional trade off to lower my IATs. If stock is 1/10 and armaspeed is 10/10, I would put this roughly in the middle. Honestly I might actually prefer the Dinan since I really hated that slurp sound you sometimes got instead of the normal blow off when letting off the throttle.

Overall, highly recommend as long as you aren’t looking for noise at all costs — any questions feel free to ask.

Do you have stock intake temps to compare?

golie25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Do you have stock intake temps to compare?
No I didn’t get my JB4 until after my first set of mods. However, from what I’ve read the stock intake is actually one of the best for IATs closely followed by the eventuri. Probably any other fully closed box would be similar. Everything else is just different trade offs of higher IATs vs more noise.

One note though, even though IATs will probably be slightly higher, unless you are hitting the temp limit (think 149f) where it cuts power, you would have a bit more power due to the increased airflow. Realistically, unless you are tracking your car just pick whatever sounds the best for you.

saudi

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
'
Out of the office on vacation this week but got this notification so wanted to chime in...

Good to know that ROW intakes on the Supra are different (at least on the 2.0). That said, our vehicle fitment guide is based on US spec cars as those are the vehicles we have access too. Fitment for EU spec or other regions has never been verified/tested. All we would be able to say is that the factory inlet pipes/resonator from 2020 to 2023 have went unchanged here in the US (17881-WAA01 or 17881-WAA02 depending on engine).

I will defer to the technical support guys as any real answer will require 3D scanning data but based off the parts we offer and their differences I can say with near certainty that any B58 part would not help your situation as the tube angles/bends are very different and would not line up properly. BMW 330i upper tube would be your best bet most likely but again I am unsure of how close those angles (and size) may be between the Supra and it without consulting scan data. Same for the BMW 330i lower tube/inlet -- assuming that problematic secondary connection is also the same. Regardless, all data we are working with is still based on US specs so there will always be some uncertainty with any potential solution in this particular case. Trial and error is what it would likely come down to which will be both expensive and timely so my personal reccommendation quite honestly is to arrange a return with the eBay seller you purchased from.

All went good, i went to a local shop and had them cut the intake pipe to become shorter like the one for the G20 330i and mounted the intake just fine with an intake coupler, the noises sound so good and the car has slightly better throttle response. you guys should update your website to note that cars outside the US need a different intake pipe.
IMG_2376.jpeg

8B90A3B1-B761-4A83-8389-CC14C5877F87.jpeg
Sponsored