Dyno numbers on stage 2

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Im just saying if my car was tuned with the downpipe it should get better numbers. Not just adding a downpipe will get those gains. That's why i put the downpipe send it for a tune
Are you not reading what anyone is saying. We are literally telling you nothing has been tuned with all the parts on. Like you're literally trying to debate the same facts were telling you. Tuner is shit. Get your money back and leave. If he's telling you that you need a charge pipe and he can get gains from that. He knows jack shit.

Sounds like denial that you can't accept this guy is screwing you.

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
What kind of dyno is it? Mustang? DJ? Hub? All will read very different, and all will read differently based on everything.
It’s a Dynojet, says so on the slip.

I agree with the others, you weren’t actually tuned and adding a charge pipe won’t do anything.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
The only way a charge pipe could do anything in this situation is if the dude charged your for a meth injection kit to go along with it. This could explain the $1200 price tag that you were quoted, but even then, considering how almost everyone here is 100% sure this shop doesn't know what the fuck they are doing, it's highly possible that in the process of attempting to install a meth kit and tune for it, the dude would blow your car up.

As I said like two pages back, request your money back, find a different tuner, and move onto either MHD, BM3, or Ecutek. This shop is robbing you.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
When I hear stages I am transported back to circa 2003 when the STi first came out .
Are we still using this term is 2023?
🤣
So weird man, I was thinking the same thing. Some companies still use those terms. But yeah, definitely retro. Remember sterophonic, quadraphonic, hydrophonic and all kinds of stereo sound hype/lingo for the best sound?!?! I wanna make my Supra quadraphonic and she’ll be at stage III in no time 😝

All in good fun @Bullets2k. Hopefully you misunderstood the dude somewhere along the way. Otherwise, definitely get your money back (car back 1st).

OP
OP

Bullets2k

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
The only way a charge pipe could do anything in this situation is if the dude charged your for a meth injection kit to go along with it. This could explain the $1200 price tag that you were quoted, but even then, considering how almost everyone here is 100% sure this shop doesn't know what the fuck they are doing, it's highly possible that in the process of attempting to install a meth kit and tune for it, the dude would blow your car up.

As I said like two pages back, request your money back, find a different tuner, and move onto either MHD, BM3, or Ecutek. This shop is robbing you.
Yeah., he quote me 1,299 for the unlock and a tune. The car ecu is 2020.03.04 build date.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Yeah., he quote me 1,299 for the unlock and a tune. The car ecu is 2020.03.04 build date.
Woops, retract my previous statement for poor reading skills lol. Yea, if your ECU is that early, the car is able to be tuned. The shop probably doesn't have the knowledge or the software to properly tune one of these cars. Get your money back and take it elsewhere.

OP
OP

Bullets2k

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
The car build date isn't as important as the ECU date. My car is a 2021 and I luckily had an ECU dated from 2020 so I was able to be tuned. You need to look at the printed date on the ECU. You can find youtube guides on how to pull the ECU out far enough to see the ECU date.
Yes, i was referring to the ECU date. Mine is 03/2020

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’m missing the fun but I try to avoid dyno threads as for some reason people always ask for advice, get advice, take it personally, then challenge said advice.

Every time, without fail.
Is that what stage 2 means? At least I’ve learned to ask less questions and/or not even go on the unlocked Supra computer threads… I realize now I’ll never understand it and just ask a shit ton of stupid questions 😂, Crap 💩 this is turning into one of those threads… signing out ✌🏼

OP
OP

Bullets2k

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
I’m missing the fun but I try to avoid dyno threads as for some reason people always ask for advice, get advice, take it personally, then challenge said advice.

Every time, without fail.
Naahh actually my intention was not to argue with no one here. I just want to clarify that i understand thar intakes and chargepipe don't give any hp and the downpipe give a good amount when the car is actually tuned.and mine doesn't look like it was after taking it to the dyno.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
When I hear stages I am transported back to circa 2003 when the STi first came out .
Are we still using this term is 2023?
🤣
When I hear "stage" and "protune", it's safe to assume they are from the Subaru world LOL. Stages mean shit because everyone builds their cars in different ways.
The only other place I've seen "stage" is for those generic chip "tunes" you see advertised in magazines.
Like someone mentioned above: when I see "stage blah blah" and "protune", I casually leave the conversation. It never ends well. 😂
Sponsored