OP
OP

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I found this article and it worked :)

One day you’re out driving around, enjoying your day. Then you look down and notice your BMW service engine light has come on. Your immediate response could be to panic. “Why is my check engine light on?!” But here are some reasons to keep your cool when your check engine light rears its ugly head:

1. It could just be your gas cap. You might find it shocking to know that just a loose gas cap could cause your check engine light to come on. If your gas cap is loose, cracked, or otherwise faulty, it can cause your fuel to evaporate, thus cueing your check engine light.2. Engine problems are easily diagnosed by certified technicians. Certified technicians are trained on diagnosing problems with your engine. If your BMW X3 warning lights come on it is best to bring it in as soon as possible.
3. It’s usually not an emergency. Typically it’s not a big deal if you continue to drive with your check engine light on for a few days because your check engine light rarely indicates anything catastrophic.
4. There are many reasons your check engine light is on. There are so many reasons why your check engine light is on. Some more serious than the other. And while you should go get it checked out as soon as you can, there is no reason to panic.

DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Hi All , sorry to revive this thread !
I have a check engine light in my car, I looked at the engine and my forge catch can was unplugged on both top hoses.
I plugged them back on and I thought that would be the issue !
The CEL still there , I plugged in a scanner and it says that there are no trouble codes .
I don’t want to take it to the dealer just to have the code cleared .
Any of you experience this ?
best regards

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I have a check engine light in my car, I looked at the engine and my forge catch can was unplugged on both top hoses.
The CEL still there , I plugged in a scanner and it says that there are no trouble codes .
best regards
Is your code reader bmw specific

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
best regards
Try putting your car in diagnostic mode -while car is off do three quick presses of the start button with no foot on brake pedal.

I believe with this car you have to have your car in the Diagnostic mode to check the CEL and reset it - I might be incorrect though.

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
I will try to do that. .. but what about when if I can read the code?
Will the car send itself out of diagnostics mode?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I will try to do that. .. but what about when if I can read the code?
Will the car send itself out of diagnostics mode?
If I remember correctly the car will not leave diagnostic mode until you press the start button again after being in diagnostic mode.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would tighten the gas cap and just clear the code to see if it comes back noting which code it was.

I highly NOT recommend undoing your ground on this car (or any Euro for that matter..) unless necessary or have a valid purpose..

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
So the CEL is gone , like I said, my forge catch can was unplugged, I really hope that was the case . I hope the light doesn’t come back on but if it does I’ll keep you posted .
Thanks everyone that chimed in !!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
High sulfur content in the gas you filled up with. Try another gas station and see if that works.
Sponsored