Seibon MB Style Body Fitment review

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, RAM Rebel 2021, 2018 BMW X5 e-Drive
I'm making this thread because when I was looking for Seibon fitment reviews could not find much.

MB Style Front Lip:
I give it a 95% fitment. the front fit was near perfect but the sides had to do some foam filling on the bumper for it to stretch and stick to the sides of the lip.

MB style Side Skirts:
Fitment was also 95% but the front side hangs loose. I have the armaspeed rock guards and drilled a hole thru the guard towards the sideskirt and inserted a push pin and that made them pretty solid.

MB Style Rear diffuser:
I give it probably a 85% fitment. The rear side fits perfectly BUT the sides were it curves with the bumper I had to drill the bumper and install push pins to make the bumper flush with the side spats. Fitment was not so good on them.

The issue with all of these Seibon parts is that it replaces the clips on the original pieces by some tabs that dont really hold on to anything and that makes this pieces feel loose. Even if you bend those tabs after installed. If they could only make those tabs to clip on the original slots the fitment will be much better,
Overall I'm happy with the end result but it definitely took some finesse to make it fit properly, properly is 90-95%.
IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg
Sponsored

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hello there,

I will add to it because more the merrier, lol.

I too have the same set up as you in terms of ground effects and would like to share my feedback because it might be slightly different to yours.

The front lip for me was 80%, the edges were bad, u could see the body colors mounting points of the factory lip. So I messaged Seibon, and Roger sent me a pdf (attached in next message) that really helped the edges tuck in a lot. Now the lip fits 90% my only issue is the center section. The Seibon lip doesn't occupy the entire area it should in the center.

The side skirt was 95% like u said, agreed. If I really look for it I can see the mounting point a bit.

The diffuser was 90% for me, the edges did not sit in all the way, but din't stick our enough to be obvious.

Bonus info: I did have a car rear end me at about 20kmph and the diffuser took it quite well actually, It does need some work done, but the structure is intact. Got a quote of 1/3 the price of a replacement for the repair.

20220901_180111~3.jpg

20220906_152313~2.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-121238_Photos.jpg

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm making this thread because when I was looking for Seibon fitment reviews could not find much.

MB Style Front Lip:
I give it a 95% fitment. the front fit was near perfect but the sides had to do some foam filling on the bumper for it to stretch and stick to the sides of the lip.

MB style Side Skirts:
Fitment was also 95% but the front side hangs loose. I have the armaspeed rock guards and drilled a hole thru the guard towards the sideskirt and inserted a push pin and that made them pretty solid.

MB Style Rear diffuser:
I give it probably a 85% fitment. The rear side fits perfectly BUT the sides were it curves with the bumper I had to drill the bumper and install push pins to make the bumper flush with the side spats. Fitment was not so good on them.

The issue with all of these Seibon parts is that it replaces the clips on the original pieces by some tabs that dont really hold on to anything and that makes this pieces feel loose. Even if you bend those tabs after installed. If they could only make those tabs to clip on the original slots the fitment will be much better,
Overall I'm happy with the end result but it definitely took some finesse to make it fit properly, properly is 90-95%.
IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg
Hi........thanks for posting these pics. I am really debating on changing up my current set up for these exact same 3 pieces from Seibon. Would you please post some pics of these trouble areas that you say are not a perfect fit? I'd like to see just how bad they are before I pull the trigger on these. Also, when you did your install, did you pull off the front and rear bumpers so you had room to really get the tabs pulled tightly? When you say the pieces feel loose do you mean that if I grabbed them and wiggled them they don't feel secure like OEM? I'm incredibly picky with these things and don't want to make the car feel cheap by installing stuff that isn't nearly perfect.

Also can you speak of the quality of the carbon itself? Were the weaves consistently straight and not bunched up or weird looking? Were there any weird imperfections in the clear coat like haziness or foggy looking areas? Those are the main things that bug me about some of my Rexpeed pieces.

Thanks in advance!

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can anybody that has these Seibon MB side skirts and rear diffuser post the install instructions please? I have these on order and would like to see what I'm getting into for the install.

Thanks!

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Can anybody that has these Seibon MB side skirts and rear diffuser post the install instructions please? I have these on order and would like to see what I'm getting into for the install.

Thanks!
Just message seibon and they should send it to you.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just sent them a message. We’ll see if they respond. Thanks.

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Just installed the rear diffuser after painting it OEM black. PITA to install. The fitment was good for me everywhere but the side flairs (much taller and wider than OEM) that end at the wheel well. The 2 metal tabs for this end of the diffuser seemed, to me, mounted in the wrong direction requiring a 180 degree bend before going into the bumper cover slots. I have a 1/8" gap between the diffuser and the bumper cover that extends about 6" from the wheel well to the back of the bumper. I really need some sort of filler to close/fill the gap....annoying given how anal I am about my car. I like the diffuser but wish it fit more like the OEM - alas, the pain of aftermarket! Anybody has and suggestions, let me know!

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Just installed the rear diffuser after painting it OEM black. PITA to install. The fitment was good for me everywhere but the side flairs (much taller and wider than OEM) that end at the wheel well. The 2 metal tabs for this end of the diffuser seemed, to me, mounted in the wrong direction requiring a 180 degree bend before going into the bumper cover slots. I have a 1/8" gap between the diffuser and the bumper cover that extends about 6" from the wheel well to the back of the bumper. I really need some sort of filler to close/fill the gap....annoying given how anal I am about my car. I like the diffuser but wish it fit more like the OEM - alas, the pain of aftermarket! Anybody has and suggestions, let me know!
Got pics?
Sponsored