Strangest Situation Supra Ownership

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
What’s the strangest thing you’ve noticed or had happen since owning your Supra?

I had my alarm go off while driving on the highway. I couldn’t get it to stop until I turned the car off and restarted it. Only happened that time and no issues again. I asked the master tech at my dealership and said that happens on rare occasions on BMWs and they have no idea why. It was strange indeed.

What are your unusual happenings?
Sponsored

ericchen_ec

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nothing really unusual, think one time when I got home from work I accidently hit the alarm button on the keys and did not notice for a couple of hours because the horn in the car sounded so weak lol.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
What’s the strangest thing you’ve noticed or had happen since owning your Supra?

I had my alarm go off while driving on the highway. I couldn’t get it to stop until I turned the car off and restarted it. Only happened that time and no issues again. I asked the master tech at my dealership and said that happens on rare occasions on BMWs and they have no idea why. It was strange indeed.

What are your unusual happenings?
This happens to me periodically as well. When I first got my car, I opened it up a little getting on a freeway ramp, and the alarm went off. With all the red flashing lights as well. It scared the shit out of me, and I thought it had an immobilizer device from the dealership, from going past a certain speed. I pulled over and got out and turned my car off and on and then replaced my shorts loll. Just not sure what happened, I may have hit the key in my pocket or maybe not, I don't know 😕

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
That same thing happened to a couple of C8 Corvette guys, only not while driving. They would park the car, set the alarm and then 20 minutes later it would go off. Electronics NDIJ (Not Designed In Japan)

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Several weeks ago I had an issue where the car thought I was an intruder because the battery in my keyfob was dead. I couldn't for the life of me get the car to STFU. Everyone in my neighborhood probably hates me because my cars alarm was going off for probably 10 minutes straight.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
I don't know if it's normal, or maybe just a soft bushing thing, but very occasionally in my MT when I'm doing a pull and go to shift from 2-3, the shifter just hits the gate of 3rd gear and I have to pause for a quick moment and then slot it in.

It's almost like when under load, or the transience between loaded/unloaded, the transmission shifts just enough sometimes to make me hit the gate instead of going through to third.

Not a huge deal, I'm sure over time I'll adjust my driving style with the car to account.

Only other thing I can think of is one time I put the wiper stalk back down in the off position from being in Auto, and the wipers just stopped mid stroke and wouldn't move until I restarted the car. Only happened once, never happened again.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Random beeping that started all of a sudden at a red light. No indications on the dash or screen. I'm guessing the proximity sensors picking something up, though there wasn't any pedestrians crossing.

Also randomly had the alarm go off when someone was just standing near my car.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Alarm went off immediately when I locked it. Happened a few times.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
I don't know if it's normal, or maybe just a soft bushing thing, but very occasionally in my MT when I'm doing a pull and go to shift from 2-3, the shifter just hits the gate of 3rd gear and I have to pause for a quick moment and then slot it in.

It's almost like when under load, or the transience between loaded/unloaded, the transmission shifts just enough sometimes to make me hit the gate instead of going through to third.

Not a huge deal, I'm sure over time I'll adjust my driving style with the car to account.
Sounds like the 3rd gear synchro was still trying to match the speed of the main shaft.

I think the supra MT box does not like super fast shifts.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
Sounds like the 3rd gear synchro was still trying to match the speed of the main shaft.

I think the supra MT box does not like super fast shifts.
Totally could be this. I try and take the shifts a bit slower when in the Supra cause I know historically BMW gearboxes don't really appreciate slamming gears. So, could very well just be driving style pouring over from being in my MR2 where I tend to shift pretty quickly cause of the LWFW.

Although if a short shift kit and maybe some transmission and/or shifter bushings ever become available for the A90, that might be an investment I make and just do all of that and the CDV delete at the same time.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Although if a short shift kit and maybe some transmission and/or shifter bushings ever become available for the A90, that might be an investment I make and just do all of that and the CDV delete at the same time.
We're all praying for this to happen soon!

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I just had something happen a couple hours ago that I've never seen before...I was washing the car in the driveway with the key in my pocket. As I was rinsing the passenger door, the water splashing on the door handle was triggering the lock/unlock function. I had to relocate the fob further away from the car to prevent it from happening. Interesting..

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

How many miles on the car? I've never had that happen in this car, but in an old Honda Accord Coupe there was a magical little spot on the 2-3 shift action where it seemed to hit a wall. Was really annoying.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Just today...got the car out for a short drive, now that it's boost weather in Ohio. Started it up and it tells me, after cranking, that no key was present. Took key in question out of my pocket, held it by the ignition, and said out loud, to my car, "key's right here, are you fucking blind?" Proceeded to drive and the warning did go away, but the car refused to pair with my phone's Bluetooth until I shut off and restarted. Key fob battery was just replaced a couple months ago. 🤷

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Once while cruising in normal mode (rare enough for me) and in an unusually mellow manner on a backroad, on a cool day, my car threw a drivetrain malfunction error and went into limp mode. Pulled over, restarted it, all was well. Hasn’t happened since. 🤷
Sponsored