Best axle-back exhaust...

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
What options are out there for a good axleback exhaust? I know REMUS makes one, but it's pricey. I know Kooks has one now, has anyone tried it? I'm just looking to add a tad more decibels to the stock exhaust note.
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
The Remus one is fairly quiet (which is a shame since it's really nice for the Macan S that I had as well as the Fiat 500 Abarth as well).

Both Akrapovic and Miltek makes a really good axle back exhaust.

If you are more open for a cat back exhaust, the options are even greater to choose from.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Why axle-back, specifically?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
@StudioRSR made a custom mod utilizing the OEM "axle-back" portion with available core exchange. However, their video only shows it paired with a catless dp.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Remus race axleback is not quiet. Believe me 😅

OP
OP
Gothy666

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
The Remus one is fairly quiet (which is a shame since it's really nice for the Macan S that I had as well as the Fiat 500 Abarth as well).

Both Akrapovic and Miltek makes a really good axle back exhaust.

If you are more open for a cat back exhaust, the options are even greater to choose from.
Ohhhhhh, the Milltek race valved looks promising! Thanks!

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Ease of install, cost to an extent.
The cat back exhaust on the Supra is obviously from the cat back and doesn't require any cuttiing. Pricing is also either cheaper or similar than the axle back offerings. The axle back exhaust obviously requires cutting and the ones that are for sale are more expensive than the cat backs in the market.

At the end of the day, go with whatever sounds best for you.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So, we know the downpipe makes a whole lot of difference in power and sound, right?
So, OP, why not change DP then evaluate cat back, axle back..

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Ever consider just cutting out the suitcase resonator? Its cheap and easy for any decent muffler shop to do.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I really like my AWE Resonated Touring exhaust. The black tips look great, it sounds great, during normal driving you can have a normal conversation, and when you get on it, it gives a good deep sound.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Warranty.
Since it’s a bolt on part, you could always swap back to stock for dealer visits/warranty claims.

And dealers could always claim that cutting up the exhaust “modified the powertrain”, for what it’s worth.

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ever consider just cutting out the suitcase resonator? Its cheap and easy for any decent muffler shop to do.
I did this on my previous 2.0, no drone and just gave the car more sound at WOT and louder crackles (only cost me $45). A reputable muffler shop could also gut out the rear muffler too and close it back up for more volume, but I have not personally heard how that sounds.

I'd go with the res delete first and then save up for either a CBE or Axle back that you like. I went with Ark on my 3.0, it sounds incredible. Keeping the stock DP on as well for warranty. With a nice free flowing CBE, you'll get 95% of what you want sound wise and they should just bolt-on with zero issues or complications. I'd say Ark, Fi, HKS and Tomei would be my top choices for phenomenal sound and craftsmanship. They aren't cheap, but when you see the brilliant weld work and hear the difference in sound everyday, it's worth every penny ;b This and a solid CAI are must haves IMO, and neither require a tune on this platform.

Sponsored