First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Since it’s a bolt on part, you could always swap back to stock for dealer visits/warranty claims.

And dealers could always claim that cutting up the exhaust “modified the powertrain”, for what it’s worth.
A dealer could only void warranty on the exhaust (like your actuator valves for example) if it was modified. That's why a CBE can't affect your powertrain warranty. If they see you swapped the DP, that's a different story, as that can cause overboosting and that modification does require a tune. You are always safe with a CBE or ABE system :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gothy666

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
A dealer could only void warranty on the exhaust (like your actuator valves for example) if it was modified. That's why a CBE can't affect your powertrain warranty. If they see you swapped the DP, that's a different story, as that can cause overboosting and that modification does require a tune. You are always safe with a CBE or ABE system :thumbsup:
Yup. Always been my experience with other cars I've owned.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I don’t disagree with you, and while the scenario you’ve described is typically true, I’m just encouraging everyone to not always feel like they’re in the clear.

For what it’s worth, I cut up the stock exhaust for an axle back on my (current) GTI specifically for the warranty reasons discussed in this thread.

There are things that are “safer” than others, but modding is always pay to play.

Catch the dealer/manufacturer on a bad day, and it’s your (lawyer’s) word against theirs.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I personally think the downpipe is an easier install (with one person anyways) and would rather that for a bit more noise + pull the actuator fuse! That’s what I would run. Beyond that just do a catback. Easier than an axle back for install
Sponsored